cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EP and Backed System User Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EP Expert,

1. When I'm create EP user on SAP EP 6.0, The system created user in backed system (ECC 6.0) on Client 001, that is correct or not?. I'm want to create user in backed system on other client such as client 200 for development ..etc. How to config it.

2. When I'm copy user on SAP EP 6.0, The system display error messsage is "You are not authorized to assign one or more entities. Perform a new assigned entities search to see the correct status." How to solve this problem.

Thank in Advance,

Suvatchai K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Point (1) -- If you have a dual stack installation the Portal points to Client 001 for storing its user data. You can change this to point to any other client as required. For this logon to the portal with a user who has system admin privilidges. Click on System Administration ->System Configuration -> UME Configuration and you will be able to modify the UME Configs.

Thanks,

GLM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GLM,

I'm goto UME Configuration and changed client from "001" to "200" with user "SAPJSF" (SAPJSF userid ready to created on client 200 with "SAP_BC_JSF_COMMUNICATION" role, after saving config I'm try to test connection, the system response to connect suceesful). After restart, the system can not start!!! ...so that, I'm change back to client "001" saving and restart..the system can working... anybody who can tell me what's happening the system and how to solve it. maybe somethaing need to more configuration than only to change client, userid and password.

Regards,

Suvatchai K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

define the users j2ee_guess and j2ee_admin in the 200 client and try to restart.....if you read through the defaultTrace log files you will get a better understanding of the issue as to y the server is not restarting.

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suvatchai,

Just a note which is alittle off track from your question. Normally, the Portal takes the UME datasource from either LDAP or one of your backend system (where your CUA is).

For my case, I have my UME datasource as LDAP and one of the main reason being that there are management users who will use the Portal but does not exist in SAP backend systems or uses very limited SAP access. Secondly, if you want to do mass maintenance on users or groups, LDAP offer the possibilities (here I mean maintianing mass users to a group/s or users updates). Thus, LDAP became our CUA. Of course, its all up to you and who your target audience are

As for your Q1, GLM has already identified where you can find the UME and you can config it to point to the backend system. I'm not sure if you can have 2 UME datasource setup but I believe that you can't (maybe someone can confirm this out for you). This is also another reason for LDAP or the backend system as your CUA. You can connect multiple Portals UME datasource to a LDAP or a SAP backend CUA (thus users are created centrally and are replicated to the Portals).

Hope that helps.

Ray