cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threshold Alert for spreadsheet data

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to display the data in tabular columns, and ensure that the color of the data fields change based on a threshold to RED, YELLOW or GREEN. The challenge is that I do not see a ALERT tab for the Spreadsheet table component. Is there any other component I should use to display data which will change dynamically based on the threshold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

If your data range is not too large, there is a walk around that you can use overlaid spreadsheet tables (or list views) and dynamic visibility property.

A sample solution:

1) In embedded Excel, create copies of data range and set different colors to show alert info.

2) Use overlaid spreadsheet tables to display each data ranges

3) Set spreadsheet tablesu2019 Dynamic Visibility: i) bind all Status to same cell; ii) set different Keys for each component.

4) Use a selector to insert data to the Status cell to control the visibility of spreadsheet tables.

Thank,

Grace Yu

QA, Xcelsius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thankyou for the suggesstion, however I am a bit confused on the binding of the status part.

I have a spreadsheet table with 5 rows and 5 columns.

Step1) I selected the entire table (all rows and all colums) as my source data.

Step 2) I have Insertion Type as Row. Should it be position instead (please verify)

Step 3) Destination : I selected an empty row of data ?? Is this right

Step 4) I have all the rows selected in the row selectability

Step 5) I have selected one cell in the source sheet for status and the same cell for key? Do I repeat it for all cell?

is it possible to call you or chat with you online using MSN messenger?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe my description is a bit poor. Could you send me your e-mail address that I can send a sample to you? You can find my e-mail in my profile.

Grace Yu

Xcelsius QA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I also need a example of choosing multiple filter values and the ability for a graph to show summary and detail view drill thru based on multiple filter criteria.

thanks in advance

Abhi

cell 978 804 2951

Former Member
0 Kudos

forgot my address apatil ATedgewater

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want a tabular display there is only two way of achieving this 1)Spreadsheet table, 2)List View.

However in both the case alerter is not available.

It you can represent you data in chart format(Column chart,Bar chart) then you can use the alerter function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou for the response, however is there a work around to solve this issue, as having RED, YELLOW, GREEN is a common requirement in reports, which needs to be represented in a tabular manner. I believe that Performance Manger and dashboard Builder have this functionality.