cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDP Java: Table UI: Copy Selection Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In WDP-JAVA, I have a table which has more than 200 records. But when I "Select All" records (through the framework generated menu, which appears on table Left Top corner if the table "selectionMode" property is set to "multiNoLead" and the data node's "Collection Cardinality" and "Selection Cardinality" properties are set to 0:n) and choose "Copy Selection", the framework of WDP doesn't copy more than 200 records to Excel (after Copy Selection, Paste to Excel).

Does WDP requires a Patch to rectify this problem? Is it a known issue or is it an issue at all? or Am I committing some mistake?

::I am using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 CE SP03::

Regards

Amit

Edited by: Amit T on Oct 21, 2008 4:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit

We has the same problem too, we can't copy more than 200 record when using table context menu "copy selection'.  Did you solved your problem.

best regard

Refish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit & Refish,

"Copy Selection" in Web Dynpro Java tables has a limitation:

As the clipboard data has to be interpreted partly on the client side (i.e. inside the browser) this feature can run into performance issues for huge amounts of data. Therefore the content is truncated on the server-side if it exceeds a certain limit.

This limit is defined in Web Dynpro Java's default property sheet as "sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount" with a default of 200.

This means that even if more than 200 rows are available to be copied on the server, only the first 200 rows will actually be put into the clipboard on the client.

Please check SAP Note 1398394 & 1012065

Thanks,

Patralekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Patralekha,

Where may  i config the property :"sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount"? i search it in the config tools, but can't find it. My EP version is 7318.

best regard

reefish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Refish,

1.Log in to NetWeaver Administrator either by choosing NetWeaver Administrator on your engine’s Start page or by entering the following URL:

http://<your host name>:<port>/nwa

2.In the top level navigation, select Configuration Management and in the second level navigation bar, select Infrastructure.

3.Select Application Modules, and in the Module List section enter tc~wd~dispwda (or parts of this string) into the filter row. The complete path name for the module is displayed:webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tc~wd~dispwda

4.In the Web Module Details section, select the Web Dynpro Properties tab and select default from the corresponding table.

5.In the Full Details section, navigate to the property you want to configure, and make the required entries.

Parameter - sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount

Description - Determines the maximum count of rows which can be displayed in a table. Valid values:any positive integer -1 (means NO LIMIT)

Default - 200

6. To save your changes, select Save in the Web Module Details section.

Thanks & Regards,

Patralekha Sur

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Patralekha Sur,

These solved our problem, thank you very much.

best regard

reefish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI HI Patralekha Sur,

We got a new problem when set  sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount=-1. The Table UI can't diplay data after we set this property. The Error is: can't display negative number records.

When i  relogon to NWA, The table UI is not work, So i can't restore this property.

I think we need to restore the sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount property in ConfigTools. But we can't search this porperty in config tools.

How can i restore sap.ui.table.maxVisibleRowCount property?

best regard

reefish

jorgehuedo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reefish,

What a coincidence! I did exactly the same yesterday. I'm still looking for a solution, please let us know if you find how to modify again the property.

Thanks.

Jorge

jorgehuedo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi again Reefish,

I have solved the issue with the help of Samuli, here you have the link.

Hope that helps.

Jorge

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have alook on the following thread to get some idea, although the thread is quite old but might be this issue arising due to Table paging limitation .But i am not very sure.

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is not really related to Pagination. In fact my records are not too many (only couple of hundreds). The above links didn't helped me !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

Did any of you noticed the above behaviour in WDP tables?

I am thinking of opening a message for SAP, because this seems to be a problem with WDP Framework.

Regards

Amit