Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO and MTS

deepu_p2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys.

mine is a make to order strategy.but my client whats to produce a few more items when he gets a sales order for example

if the sales order is for 100 the person goes in to the PROd order and makes it 150. so he make an extra 50. when he gets a sales order for 30 next time. he does not need to produce any thing.

If i use 20 strategy.it wont consider the storage location stock. so even if i am having a 50 in my unrestricted still it generates a Planned order.so i tried to combine strategy 20 and 40. 20 as main and 40 as sub. but still its not working. and generating planned orders. even though there is stock.can some one help me out in this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can explore this by combining 20 & 40 strategy. when sale order create, in sale order procurement tab page check the requirement type, it should be KE for make to order.

When you create a demand for strategy 40, in MD61 screen select requirement type VSF. Now system will work as per requirement.

Regards,

Dharma

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Try with the strategy 30 This strategy is particularly useful for companies that mainly produce for major customers but who also require the option of selling smaller requirements from stock. As we get saler order

then we add aditional requirement in demend then we produce the good.

Please refer this help link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Come back if any query.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For this u cannt have 20. Maintain 40 which is MTS. When u receive a sales order it will consume the stock. But the gray part is that in this case u cannt deliver stock with SO assignment.