cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM Integartion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have requirement to configure chaRM in solution manager7.0 and which is integrated to ECC,CRM and BI

Iam BASIS guy and very new to chaRM configuration, and not involded to setup chaRM.

Can you please guide me step-by-step how i can proceed to configure this .and also we need to administrate all the satilite systems transports from solution manager.

I have downloaded CHARM pdf from SMP and found few of the sdn answers which was not help much to understand.Can some one guide me correct track and step-by-step procedure.

- Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

first you should configure the Transport Management System. Please see the IMG, there are some useful explanations regarding the STMS configuration. You have to configure Transport Domain links, and set some STMS Parameters, as well as the set up of the transport tracks.

Please check that all systems are configured in SMSY. The trusted RFCs have to be working succesfully. Any issue here will cause trouble later. Please also create the logical components representing your transport track.

Next step is the activation of the CHaRM BC Sets, this is also documented in the IMG.

Then of course you have to check the steps, Nikhil Bannore mentioned. All these items can be found in IMG.

After the customizing, you can proceed by setting up a SMI project with Tx SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. Add the logical component to the project and activate ChaRM in tab Sytem Landscape -> Change Requests . Now you can create a task plan and then start working.

For each user working with CHaRM you need a business partner Tx BP and TX BP_GEN. Also importand are the authorizations in SolMan and in the satellite systems. There is a SolMan security guide in Service marketplace, which is helpful.

Also in the satellite systems you need to add some entries in table BCOS_CUST, this is also documented in the SolMan IMG.

Hopefully I did not forget something important.

Regards,

Holger

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I have one doubt here, we have 3 components ECC,CR,BI and each component has three system landscape dev,qa and prod.

Currently I have configured in each component development system as domain controller .That means in ECC development system as DC for 3 systems , and CRM dev as DC for all 3 systems and BI dev as all 3 systems.

Do you want me to delete this setup and configured Solution manager only domain controller for all these 3 componets for all environment? If that is the case how we can differentiate cofiles and data files for individual systems for transport ?

Please suggest little more deep.Your answer will save my life

- Lisa

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Lisa,

No, it is not required to delete this TMS configuration. Just create the transport domain link between the SolMan DC and the other DCs. Make sure all other requirements are met:

- Activate Trusted services

- Extended transport control (CTC=1)

- Single transport strategy

(this all can be found in SolMan IMG:

SAP Solution Manager -> Configuration -> +Scenario Specific SettingS -> Change Management -> Change Request Management -> Standard Configuration -> Transport Management System )

I am happy, If I could save your life

Holger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to configure first STMS, 3 system landscape in satilite systems and then add domain link in solution mannager ?

How i can setup the transportr management in solman for satilite systems? I have 3 component in my landscape CRM,ECC,BI. Do i need to install any add-on in satilite systems before proceding ?

please give few more tips

- Lisa

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

Lisa,

first you should setup STMS in all 3 landscapes, and also configure the Solution Manager as Domain Controler.

Then you can create the transport Domain link.

The Solution Manager Supprot Packages in SolMan System and Satellites are describes in SAP note [907768|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/662441]. You need at least ST-PI in the satellite systems.

Regards,

Holger

former_member385033
Participant
0 Kudos

I'd like to add one point: Please check also [SAP note 907768|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/907768] for support packages and additional notes required for CHaRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First configure transaction type SDCR which is for Charm.

Assign no. rane, status profile etc.

You also need to define project in trns. code Solar_project_admin

Regards,

Nikhil