cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup table qn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm doing an initial fill of LO setup tables, giving some selections in OLI8BW. I have loaded half the data into the setup table now.

My question is, do I have to finish setup completely before I start loading data (again with selections) in BW, or can I pull whatever is existing in setup table in BW, and then load the rest of the data into the setup table?

Thank you

Kashka

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kashka,

Its better to finish setup completely first and start loading data into BW.

You can do setup parallel with different selection.

After sutup, activate V3 job and initialize datasource. pull data into BW.

Hope it Helps

Srini

[Dont forget to close the call by assigning poings.... - Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, the below one is for 2LIS_04_P_MATNR datasource, for youe DS also, the procedure is same.

If you are trying to load fresh data from ECC to BW follow the following steps.

1. In ECC goto LBWE and check your 2LIS_04_P_MATNR datasource is active or not, if not, you need to activate it.

2. Delete Setuptables using LBWG and give 04 and execute.

3. Delete Queues in LBWQ and RSA7. (delete only related to

2LIS_04_P_MATNR datasource queues.)

4.At the time of filling setup tables, no postings will happen (you need Down time)

You can give the following selections, because if you have 3 years data in system an dtrying to load all data at a time it will go for dump.

Plant

MRP controller

Production order

Production scheduler

Created on

Eg: I know that I have data in system from 01.01.2005 to 20.10.2008.

Then I'll give from date 01.09.2008 and to date 20.10.2008 (No postings happening be carefull) and you need to give Termination date is always greater then today and Run name(any name) and then I execute it in back ground

i.e. Program-->Execute in back ground.

Then once job will finish in SM37.

5. Delete data in all data targets in BW.

6. Delete Init load also from InfoPackage--> Shedular->Init options...

load Init in BW, select datatargets in Infopackage.

7. after successfull init load.

8. You need to fill setup tables for historical data.so you need to load from Starting date to 02.09.2008 for this you need to break the date ranges, then load Full loads in BW.

9. After loading all historical data, you need to set delta.

10. set V3 job in LBWE.

11. Select Delta InfoPackage in BW and load.

Thanks

Reddy