Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Trouble transporting a de-migrated DataSource to QA Environment

Hello All,

We installed 3.5 business content for Purchasing and then migrated it to 7.0. The initial transports to BW QA were for 7.0 config. Then, due to problems with the 7.0 config, we backed down to the 3.5 configuration in BW DEV (using the Exported copy created when the DataSource was initially migrated to BI7). I ended up still having to reinstall a bit of the business content in BWD for the data stream. But the real problem lies in trying to get the BW QA DataSource to change from 7.0 back to 3.5.

Right now, all of the DataSources which were originally transported as 7.0 remain as 7.0 in BWQ. Despite movement of all of the transports created when the DataSources were de-migrated in BWD system, despite movement of new transports on the BI side, despite new transports of the active datasources on the ECC side and re-replication of such into BWQ, even despite manually going into BWQ and physically deleting the 7.0 datasources and then replicating from ECC - or - retransporting the BW 3.5 DataSource from BWD back up the BWQ, it still remains in 7.0. I would have expected at least one of these options - namely deleting the BI7 datasource and reimporting a 3.5 DataSource - to prompt the DataSource to be in 3.5 (or at least ask upon replication which version should be used - 3.5 or 7.0).

So I'm not sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Thanks,

EP

replied

To convert all the unused 7.0 datasources of a source system back to 3.5, use the program: RSDS_REPL_RESET from SE38. Note 945229.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question