cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Production Order Variances to COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one help me with posting Production order variances to COPA. what are the config steps I need to go through ? I would appreciate a step by step explanation.

Thanks

MKR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posting Variances to COPA need Material masters to be set up for Standard price indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wants to calculate variances correctly.follow the steps.

1. calculate standard cost estimate(material cost roll up) for particular material and mark and release cost estimate.

CK11N and CK24.

2.Create production order

3.goods issue and complete production order and good receipt(GR from production to Inventory)

4.run KKS2

5.KO88 settlement.

These are just process steps,before that you have to do congifuration for variances and COPA.

Thanks,

Rau

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

1.) The production variances first need to be calculated in CO-PC.

2. Your PA transfer structure must contain assignments of variance categories to COPA value fields.

3. In the settlement profile, you define the variances to be settled and profitability segments should be a valid receiver.

4. The settlement rule to profitability segments is created automatically based on the information available in the production order (product, product group, plant and so on).

5. You must have maintained number ranges for record type "C".

6. The desired form of Profitability Analysis (costing based) must be active in the relevant controlling area.

Hope this is useful

At the time of settlement of production orders, FI entry also passed as well as variances are also settled to COPA

In FI, variances will be debited (assuming production order debit is more than what it is settled to Inventory at Std cost) and Inventory changes account is credited.

In COPA, depending on the variance categories like Price, qty and their assignment to value fields, this amount is transferred.

For eg, if prodn order actual costs is say 12000 and is settled to Inventory is 10000 (at std cost), and the difference is 2000 and if this difference is due to Price (800) and qty (1200).

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks R.Brahmankar,

Can you also tell me when these variances get posted to COPA and how can I see them ? Is there any report?

Thanks

MKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KKS1 and KKS2 for variance calculation

CO88 and KO88 is settlement variances

once you done with settlement

goto KE24.

enter Curreny Type : 10

Record type : "C"

Enter : product or material number

now you will see lis of documents and double click on your document. now goto Value field tab and you will see production variances are posted to respective value fields.

OR if you are created any Report painter report in COPA and you have mapped Production variance value fields you will in respective value feilds.

Thanks,

Rau

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First Need to create a Form for COPA reports for that KE34 need to use

After creation of FORM then create profiability report throgh KE31

Please run Run KKRV or

SAP std. variances reports, S_ALR_87013149, S_ALR_87013148, S_ALR_87013146, S_ALR_87013145

Regards,

R.Brahmankar