cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2008 Embedded Crystal Report Viewer Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hoping some can direct me to a prompt resolution to this ongoing problem.

I am working in the following environment.

Windows XP

VS2008 ASP.NET C# Web Form with Crystal Report Viewer control on it.

IIS 6 on Local Machine.

I created a webform (aspx page) with the VS2008 Crystal Report Viewer control on it.

I have a report in the project that is referenced in the Report Viewer Control properties.

I have a button on the report called "Generate Forms".

When I click the button I have code to populate a table with Form Numbers, and I issue

a DataBind to the Crystal Report Viewer to display the updated data.

I can run this aspx page from the VS2008 all day long and it runs as it should.

I then "Publish" the web application to my local IIS6 Server.

When I click the Generate Forms button on the Deployed aspx page I get the Following:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_wp.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have installed the Crystal Reports Redistributable from the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Bootstrapper\Packages\CrystalReports10_5\CRRedist2008_x86.msi

Again,

I can run other deployed web applications all day long without any problem.

The only issue I have is with the Crystal Report Viewer Control on this one Webform which needs to get resolved ASAP!

Please let me know how to resolve this as this is taking more time than I have available to resolve!!!

I'm not sure what other information you need, so if this is not enough, reply back and I can let you know whatever you would like.

Thanks

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steve_norton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

The OnDemand forum is for questions relating to the crystalreports.com, Information OnDemand, or Business Applications OnDemand web sites.

I have moved your question into a forum specifically for Crystal Reports .net development.

Cheers,

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This sounds like an issue from a while back when using the XML and Web Services driver. Which database driver did you use when you initially designed your report?

- ADO.NET (XML)

- or, XML and Web Services

When you get the error I'd like you to check your task manager and see if there is a java.exe running. The XML and Web Services is actually built with Java and had issues gracefully closing when used in a .NET application. If possible we recommend you use the ADO.NET (XML) driver instead of the XML and Web Services driver when in a .NET environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ron

It might be possible that runtimes not get installed properly or the runtimes are not updated or correct.

Runtimes are dependent on the version of CR, A vital information is missing that what version of CR is in use?

If you are using the CR basic which comes with VS 2008 then install the merge modules of VS 2008 CR from [here|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp#09].

or choose the appropriate version of CR from the [list|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp] according to the service pack applied.

The Wiki is currently the best resource for CR.NET Runtime information.:

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/CrystalReportsforVisualStudio.NETRuntimeDistribution-Versions9.1to12.0].

Hope this will help.

Regards

Amit