cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification purchase order (with batch management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help in the next situation:

I need to order a material with batch management. I've used the classification system to assign the material specifications to the material of a batch. When I create a purchase order I want to specify some caracteristics as a lowest level than the material level, but that specifications are not real, it's a kind of a limitation.

I don't now if I can use some classification of purchase order or somthing like that.

Thanks a lot and regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create characteristics CT04

Process to create class CL02

when you create a class with type 001 it is Material class, it means when you assign the class at the material level you are assigning those characteristics to the material not to the specific batches.

But if you create a class with type 023 it is batch class. You will assign this class at the material when creating in MM01 under classification tab and check the Batch management tab in purchasing or sales data while creating a material.

This will help you to classify each batch with different characteristic values. when you create the batch with MSC1n you batch will be automatically classified with the batch class from material and you can give the values over there.

You can give the values for the batch when you receive the batch in MIGO, even though u give the batch in PO u can give the details in classification for that batch in MIGO when u receive it in the item tab "Batch" there is button classification to give those values.

hope it helps.

Answers (0)