MDM BI Integration
MDM is my source of data and I need to push data to the SAP BI 7.0 system almost daily . What should be the process followed. Is there any information , you guys can share that can be of help ?
Also would like to know what is the pre delivered content provided for the MDM to -
> BI data flow .
MDM can integrate with BI 3.5 as well as BI 7.The difference between both are that using BI 7 we can use ABAP API that can integrate with MDM sytem directly using open hub destination.
Using BI3.5 more of manual work is required.
You can follow the below link to understand MDM integration with BI 7:
Which ever master data you are trying to extract and report through BI will be replicated of the ECC ERP system so you can make use of the standard business content of masters that come along with MDM which are based on the structure in ECC ERP system and then customize the repository according to your BI req in MDM.
The Flow of master data will be:
- BI will extract the inconsistent master data from ECC system
- Then place this data file in the FTP enabled Inbound folder of MDM in the XML format.
- MDM will pick this data and cleanse it in MDM
- The cleansed data will be syndicated back to BI in the outbound FTP enabled Folder fo MDM
- BI picks this data and reports on it
Hope It Helped
Thanks & Regards