Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

periodic archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to archive ex FI_DOCUMNT archiving object perodically...will i be able to do in sara tcode or should i use SM36 to create a perodic job, in either case can any one help me with detailed steps to carry out...

Your support will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to do the setup in SARA. Read thru SAP help on Archiving

0 Kudos

Hi,

I had gone through couple of reading and i have basic doubts like.

In write of sara, where we schedule job and spool assignment, if we create it as perodic, it might use the same varient and which might lead to problem...

1. as no two archiving runs can use the same varient.

2. what happens with the delete job, if i set it start automatic, would it start with every perodic job.

3. if i schedule the perodic job from sm36, using the same write program of sara, will i be able to read the data in read program of SARA, can i delete it through SARA, and what happen if i start delete job automatically at end in AOBJ, will it work with sm36 write job, or should create a different job?

Thanks

0 Kudos

you can run it as a periodic job. Just go thru the different steps in SARA for READ & DELETE for the object, and set the job as periodic

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. as no two archiving runs can use the same varient.

- Yes, For every Archiving run you have to create new variant, if you are using same variant System will through you an error stating that that variant is already in use.

2. what happens with the delete job, if i set it start automatic, would it start with every perodic job.

- if job starts automatically, records are deleted by 1st job and if you specify the same records in next job then if you see the 2nd job lob, you dont see any records in the spool for 2nd job.

3. if i schedule the perodic job from sm36, using the same write program of sara, will i be able to read the data in read program of SARA,

- No. if that job run by SM36 is already started then you dont get any records from read program..

can i delete it through SARA, and what happen if i start delete job automatically at end in AOBJ, will it work with sm36 write job, or should create a different job?

- it all depends on the customization you have done.

if you customize deletion job immediatly after archiving with out interference, then that job triggers automatically after your archiving.

Hope you got some light on this.

Thanks,

Sree.