cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP question

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we are implementing only DP (not usign any SNP, PP/DS or ATP) do we still need to use CIF or just BW plug in will be enough?

what kind of data will be loaded using CIF and BW plug in. i'm confused what kind of data loaded using these in actual implementations.

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using only DP then just BW will work. There is no need of CIF. Basically CIF is used to tranfer the data (Master data and transaction data) from R/3 to APO which is used in SNP, PPDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, for DP, all the master data and transaction data will come from BW..and these will be loaded from SAP R/3 to BW using BW plug In right?

In real time projects both BW and CIF are implemented or just CIF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP the data for Characterstics and Keyfigures come from BW. The path can be like R/3>BW>BW(APO)>APO-DP or Flatfile>BW>BW(APO)>APO-DP or even from legacy systems>BW>BW(APO)-->APO-DP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CIF is mostly configured to use real time data transfer right. If we use BW how do we transfer real time data for DP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data in BW system is loaded in APO-BW Infocubes and from there to DP Cubes. From DP cubes into DP Planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are new to APO..I suggest you to practice the configuration steps that I have provided in your other post to get used to the system and terminology. Once you get familar with the basic process you can start exploring other processes and other options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sai...briefly i went over the document you pointed and i have a question.

deifninign the macros, document says that we need to define 3 macros. I thought macros will come default and we need to create macros only if need any special calculation. In real time proejct what kind of Macros are created and does SAP supply any prebuilt macros without we building them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes SAP has provided the Prebuilt macros, however, if your business demands for example you need to add two keyfigures and populate the value in the third keyfigure, in that case you need to build custom macro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sai,

Is it required CIF connection to transfer data from APO DP to R/3, when we use order category FA,

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing is you have to open a new thread for a question. Anyways CIF is not necessary to transfer DP results to R/3. You need to create a Transfer profile in DP for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP you still need Product header data that can also come through CIF or you can pull it from BW .It all depend on your design how you map it.

And you can also create transfer profile to transfer " Demand Plan to R/3 Demand management "

Creating a Transfer Profile :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/c9/b4df8b70c011d398450000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Transfer of the Demand Plan to R/3 Demand Management:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/EN/c9/b4df8b70c011d398450000e8a49608/frameset.htm

Manish