cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CVCs for DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I'm new to APO modules i have a question regarding CVCs what kind of CVCs are used in real time implementations. I need few examples of what kind CVCs used.

Does any one have any confgiuration documents for how to configure CVCs in APO would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CVCs are characterstic combinations. It can be a combinmation of products, locations, sales org etc. for detaisl please follow the link

http://help.sap.com/bp%5Fscmv150/BBLibrary/documentation/DPL_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

you can create them using Tcode /SAPAPO/MC62

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have CVCs for demand planning, dont we need other master data like location, product etc?

I was going through mySAP_SCM_2nd_edition book, and accordign to that only master data needed for DP is CVCs. Is it true or am i missing anything. how can we do planning without locations, products?

--Anika

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats true masterdata for DP is CVCS but as I mentioned CVCs are the combination of characterstic values and in DP the characterstics are Location, Product, customer, sales org etc. The masterdata for SNP is different and those are Products, location, PPMs etc.

For example:

Product Location Sales Org

Mat1 Loc1 SO1

Mat2 Loc2 SO2

If we consider the above are characterstic values, CVCs can be a combination of anything like (MAT1, Loc2, SO1) and another CVC can be (Mat2,Loc2, SO1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sai.

So, what kind of transactional data is needed for DP? sales orders and planned orders?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DP the Sales History is needed to do forecasting. Generally Planned orders are not necessary(you can even send the SNP Results to DP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought results from DP will be sent to SNP. i didnt know that we can even send SNP results to DP.

How will supply network planning results will be used in DP? I'm confused.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you will release DP results to SNP for planning. once planning is done in SNP, you can release the SNP planning results to Demand Planning (DP) to compare the SNP plan that is constraint-based with the demand plan that is not constraint-based

Former Member
0 Kudos

After comparing SNP results in DP, do we need to change/adjust the DP planning results accordingly.

time line wise, DP will take more time to implement than SNP right(according to the book). So, in real time, how is it really useful to send SNP results to DP?

Do you have any short, nice architecture and implementation document how these are implemented.

Former Member

Answers (0)