cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with load to ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm loading data to an ODS. The background job has status "Finished", but the QM status is yellow and not all steps are green in the Details tab in the monitor. What steps should I take now? Is the load really completed, or is the details tab showing me the correct status?

I checked the source system and there is actually no data for the IP selection. So it should just say 0 from 0. The background job finished in a few seconds, but the QM status is yellow for some time now..

Thanks you

Aline.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,.

I faced the same problem, the request goes to yellow and remains in it for few hours, in my case it was in datapackage

The porcessing step of datapackage remains in yellow for hours but the process finishes and everything except this and the QM status are green.

In my case it was a problem from source system.

Check for the process in the source system, if its complete then u can manually set the QM status to green.

We had a updating process for the records going on in R/3 and this caused the laod to be in yellow status.

We had this for around 10 days and after this issue was resolved from R/3 side, the process finished in time.

So this also would be due to some updating going on the records that u loaded from Source system.

so please check in the source system.

Please revert back if u need more specific information on this.

Assign values to all answers as its for a good cause,

Hope this helps you

regards,

Ranjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi......

What do you mean by background job............before starting of every IP a background job will be executed........after completion of this background job only your IP will start........If you right click on the IP >> Display messages.......there you can see the job........

Is your extraction job is completed..........Copy the request number from the IP header tab >> go to the source system.......in SM37 >> give the request number with BI as prefix.............if your extraction job is finished...........

Then check for TRFC in SM58 in BW side ..........if any TRFC is there then PUsh it pressing F6............if after that also.....load does'nt proceed then check for short dump in BI side in ST22...............

Otherwise check TRFC and Short dumps in source system side........

If short dump is there in BI side........then make the QM status red.........delete the request from the target.........and repeat the load..............

If short dump is in Soirce system side..............then cancel the extraction job.........delete the request from the target.........and repeat the load..............

Hope this helps.......

Regards,

Debjani.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there was not data for IP selection means no data is transferred to BI from source system. This will render the traffic light in BI system to yellow colour until timeout happens for that job in BI! This is the default setting.

If you want the BI system to display green light when there is no data transferred then you will have to configure settings in set traffic light colour to green.

Go to SPRO in BI system and drill down to SAP NetWeaver -> Business Intelligence -> Automated Processes -> Extraction Monitor Settings -> Set Traffic Light Color

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to wait for some more time and see if the ststus turns green.

Else mark the job red and delete the request. Then in the infopackage change the treatment of warnings to green and then run the IP again.

Cheers,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

due to some display r performance problem it happens.. better wait for some more time.. if still the req is in yellow delete the req by making red and ofcourse total status req in monitor and repeat all the ip's.

if still persists... forcefully make the req.. green because its not picking any records AS per u r info...

regrds