cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Freely-Definable Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to have to attributes in the Extras Tab of the Product in APO.

I know that we can get those extra attributes from the customizing. But, how do we populate these attributes with values since they cannot be CIFed ?

Do we user a user-exit or BADI ? If so whcih one ?

Do we use MASSD transaction ? Which is the most widely used option ?

Thanks in advance to all for your help!

Regards,

Ranjini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Manish & Sai have said ... I have also used DP Macros in past to Manipulate the Values of the Product Extra Sheet fields.

See help ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

You can use the Macro Functions MAT_EXTRA_SET() in your Macro Logic to "Set" the Value from a Keyfigure Calculation in your Planning Book that is needed to be stored there in the Product Master Extra Sheet and auto-updated. Additionally you can use Macro Function MAT_EXTRA() to Get the Values in any Macro Logic to use them for Calculations.

Of course you can use /sapapo/mat1 transactions as well as I think MASSD to change the values, but if you want the values to be auto-updated based on a certain calculation logic, then using a DP Planning Book Macro is best.

I was using the Extra Fields to store some Reorder Point Parameters that I could not put as Safety Stock in APO. I was using it to define a SCRT (Supply Chain Response Lead Time) which would be used to Block the Columns in a Planning Book upto a Certain Bucket Date from Demand Data Entry within the Horizon at the Warehouse.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you . You suggestions have been really helpful to me. I have come to the conclusion that user exit is the easiest way to get the values into the extra field for my requirement.

The problem that I have now is I need to populate values for Plant Specific material status (MARC-MMSTA). The user exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 does not have this field. There is another user exit CIF_MATERIAL_PRODUCT_MAP which does have this field and other fields that I need in APO. But, it is an older exit.

Have any of you used this exit before ? I know that some SAP Notes suggest that we implement the EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 .What is your recommendation from experience ?

Regards,

Ranjini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have not used this user exit but below note will help you .

Note 456460 - Change transfer for fields of the material master

Note 357955 - Transfer material status f.check d. pl. order conv.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Manish ! These notes were really helpful !

Regards,

Ranjini.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can activate them in customization:

APO->Master Data->Maintain Freely Definable Attributes.

These can be populated using CIF user exit, check APOCF022 will be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use user exit APOCF005 for Product and APOCF001 for location to populate this field in APO if data is coming from R/3 or if there is any specific logic to Populate this field . ( tcode SMOD).

If this field are not coming from R/3 and there is no specific logic than you can update it by MASSD in APO as per Business requirement.

Manish