cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when seperating BPC and SQL Server

former_member997693
Discoverer
0 Kudos

If this has been posted to the wrong group I'm sorry.

I'm attempting to move the BPC SQL Server 2005 database from the BPC server to a consolidated SQL Server server. I have followed the "Manually Porting an SAP Business Planning and Consolidation 5.x Application Set (SQL 2005)" manual. Now when I go into any of the options from the webpage I receive the following error:

System error:

The system encountered an error and cannot proceed.

Please select the Back button and try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

Job name : http://elys0199/osoft/Admin/WebAdminMain.aspx

Detail: object variable or with block variable not set

We are running BPC version 5.0, SQL Server 2005 SP2.

Any ideas on what to look for would be very much appreciated. If anyone knows of a document on how to seperate the BPC software and SQL Server would help also.

Dave Schaeffer

Edited by: Dave Schaeffer on Oct 20, 2008 8:42 PM

Edited by: Dave Schaeffer on Oct 20, 2008 8:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Usually you are receiving that error message when the access or something into configuration is wrong.

I think what you did until now it is good but my suggestion it is to uninstall BPC

and to install it again because the first installation was a single server and right now we are speaking about a multiserver installation.

After you performed the new installation then you have to check the records from tblAppsetInfor for apshell and you have to copy the same parameters for all other appsets.

I think this should solve your problem.

Regards

Sorin radulescu

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I don't know that manual but I can tell you how to do this easy.

Actually you have Server1 single server installation.

If I understood correct you want now to have multiserver instrallation.

You have two possibilities:

Server1 to remain with SQL server 2005 (the best option) and Server 2 to be application server and webserver. Or:

Server1 application server and Server2 database server.

Let's suppose you will follow my advice and take the first option.

In this case the easiest way to do it is:

Uninstall BPC into Server 1 and Installed into Server 2 but this time you have to configure:

Report Server, Olap server, SQL server and File server will be Server1

Web Server + Application Server will be Server 2

You have to make sure you will choose the correct path for file server (to make references to existing folder from previous installation).

Also the installation should be done with domain user administrator in Server1 and Server2.

To be sure that everything is fine also for existing appsets you have to check tblAppSetInfo from AppServer database to make sure that all the records for other appset are the same with records for appshell.

If you used before Local Users then you have to use now domain users which measn you have to review the security for each appset.

I hope this it will help.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

former_member997693
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Sorin,

Thank you very much for responding to my question!

Unfortunately I had to go with option #2. Here is what I have done so far:

1). Backed up each of the appsets and restored them on the new SQL Server instance

2). Backed up each of the OLAP cubs and restored them on the new SQL Server instance

3). Edited table tblAppSetInfo in the AppServer database - correcting the connection information to point to the new SQL Server instance

4). For each OLAP cube changed the server name information and tested the connection.

5). Shut down the SQL Server instance on the BPC server

6). Changed the SQL Server information in Server Manager

After these changes I tried to use the OutlookSoft Administration option and recieve the error message:

Object variable or with block variable not set

Any idea on the missing step(s)?

Dave