cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSWUWFML2 - Where the email Id needs to be maintained ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to send the notifications to outlook through a background job RSWUWFML2.

I am trying to test it for one particular user. The following message is popin up.

"User does not have an e-mail address. Unable to send".

I am assuming this error is popin because we need to maintain email id in SU01.

But in my scenario all the email ID's are maintained in Communication Infotype - 0105.

How can i make this program to pull the email id from 0105 ?

any standard Function module????

I need to resolve this issue ASAP.

Early replies will be greatly appreciated and awarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i have done the config in SWN_CONFIG.

Is swn_config client specific ?? do we have to go do the configuration manually in each client .

because I did it in sandbox and our system is set up in such a way that all the transport requests created in sandbox are automatically moved to DEV every couple minutes. So its like DEV is read only and any changes we make in sanbox automatically reflect in DEV.

I dont see any config settings of sandbox for swn_config reflecting in DEV.

Do i have to go manually configure in dev again. Is the configuration Trasportable??

Please help.

former_member214498
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the SWNCONFIG is client specific and you need to set it up in each client. You can use SCC1 to transport it in different clients of the DEV system.

SWNCONFIG makes customizing request and not a workbench request. Thats the reason it will not be reflected in each and every client.

Regards

Waz

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer you in simple words, whenever you see a transport request pop-up upon any changes to any object, it is transportable. Sometimes it may not ask you automatically, then in that case search around the menus and look if there is any we can transport it. In your case, it is transportable and can be moved to your DEV.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attachment needs to open the UWL .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use Extended Notification and all the customization need to be done in SWNCONFIG & some profile setup in RZ10.

Then you will be able to execute the workitem directly from Outlook.

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Extended Notification is the one which is used to execute a work item directly from the UWL.

Please check the following links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/d5/581ee8d56f1247bf34cfcd66d16d81/content.htm

Regards

SM Nizamudeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have decided to maintain the email ID in SU01 instead. This solves our currently problem.

I have one more issue. I have tested, the email is sent to outlook inbox successfully. The current attachment link is pointing to SAP inbox. Is there any way we can point it to portal's UWL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this thread.