cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick up Files based on Timestamp???.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Is it possible to pick up the files in the order of which they are put in a shared folder ?.

Our client system will put the xml files in a shared folder with timestamps..PI will pick these files one by one..but if the PI server is down.. the files will keep coming in the shared folder from the client system..and when PI come back up they need to be picked in the order in which they have been put according to timestamp.

I'am using the NFS functionality.

I dont want to output files from PI based on timestamp added.. I want to pick files up based upon sender timestamp.

Is this funcationality supported in PI?.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can write script to do this. Script can copy files based on time stamp from the folder where client system is putting the file to the folder PI is poling based on timestamp.

With this as Ratan said. If the file creation date for file system is in date and time format(timestamp) File processing sequence by Date can help. It process file starting from oldest file.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sender file adapter configuration has an option "Processing Sequence". In the that select by"Date". Hope this solves the problem.

Thanks

Ratan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best option would be write you own adapter module and call then in sender File CC. With this you can play will all files in the folder.

Nilesh