cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMD Automatic log off user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using XI R2 SP3, I have been unable to get CMC to automatically log off a user if there is no activity. I have waited 120 min (longer than the specified time in BO XI 3.0, u2018InfoView and Central Management Console Session Management Docu2019 referenced in the u2018Infoview u2013 Automatic log off useru2019 thread).

My current settings are:

1) Web.xml

logontoken.enabled = false

session-timeout=1

2) All of the Web Session time-outs have been to 20 min.

Infoview is logging out within a few min per the Web.xml settings.

Thanks in advance,

-Rich

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip on how to release the licenses.

Currently, Infoview is behaving as expected:

I have set logontoken.enabled = false in the web.xml desktoplaunch file.

The session ends the license is released and the user is asked to re-enter credentials on the logon page.

With CMC, the license is released; however, the restarts without requiring the user to log on. I would like to have CMC require the user to re-enter their credentials as InfoView does. There is no logontoken.enabled context-param in the desktoplaunch version of the web.xml file. Any idea how to accomplish this with CMC?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Interesting question, I was only modifying desktoplaunch. Does the desktoplaunch only apply to Infoview and adminlaunch only apply to CMC? The default value for adminlaunch was 20 min. Assuming that the logic from the R3 'InfoView and CMC Session Management' doc applies to R2 my 2 hour wait should have been plenty. To be sure, I modified the session-timeout in desktoplaunch to 1 min, logged in, waited ~2 hours, and was not logged out.

There are at least a couple web.xml context-params in the desktoplaunch version but not in the adminlaunch, such as: logontoken.enabled, authentication.visible and authentication.default. I tried adding the three values to the adminlaunch web.xml file. At least 2 of the settings: authentication.visible=false and authentication.default were ignored so I rolled all 3 changes back.

Not sure where to look next.

Thanks for your help,

-Rich

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI3.0 and R2 use different folders but yes, the logic is the same.

Where XI3.0 uses InfoViewApp, R2 uses desktoplaunch (for Infoview) vs CmcApp and Adminlaunch for CMC.

The only session-timeout you need to change for Infoview (on R2) is in the web.xml in

D:\Program Files\Business Objects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\WEB-INF.

You mention that it does not log out. I presume you know that only the session will end. It will not send you back to the logon page. When the session times out, what happens depends on whether the logontoken (cookie) is enabled or not.

1. if the logontoken is enabled and the session times out and you interact with Infoview again, (Infoview) will use the cookie to log back in. It won't send you to the logon page.

2. if the logontoken is disabled, you will be asked to reenter credentials on the logon page.

Either way all unsaved work will be lost.

You should check if sessions have been logged out from the CMC (i.e. check if licenses are released).

Also, if you have issues with licenses not being released in Infoview you should try un-commenting the listener section of web.xml in desktoplaunch\web-inf.

Some of this information is in SAP NOTE 1182141 - XIR2 CMC and InfoView sessions and licenses are not released after the session timeout is reached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where did you modify the session timeout for CMC?

I believe you're using XI R2. If that's the case, did you modified web.xml in

<INSTALLDIR$>\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\adminlaunch\WEB-INF\ ?