Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cubes are not being updated after a succesffully load

former_member210662
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm facing an unsual scenario. After a successfully load into a cube, it has not being updated automatically. Only after we open the cube for checking that it's updated. Any clue about this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member210662
Participant
0 Kudos

Problemm has been resolved after a drop (all data) and reload in the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

after laoding the data lock may not releasing. check lock after load

former_member210662
Participant
0 Kudos

I've checked and there is no lock.

It's very weird, because once you go and click on manage in the cube, a pop-up screen appears informing that the cube will be updated and then the request are availalbe for reporting, so my question is, why (even if the load is concluded with success) the request were not available and only after I open the cube for managing, the system goes and update them.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this note 825738.

Its related to 3.5 but explains that issue could be the locking.

In 3.5 a cube wa cube used to behave like that if at the time of loading of the cube......some master data or hierarchy object which is part of the cube is also getting loaded or saved.This will cause the cube to wait and the report will be avaialable only after you refresh or either try to see the request.

May be its the still the case with 7.0 as well.

Just try to change the load scheduling and let us know.

Thanks

Ajeet

former_member210662
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your help. I checked the OSS Note but eventhough the solution was not conclusive. I'm using the newest SP for the version 7.0 and Oracle 10.0.2. So the OSS is not applicable.

Thanks anyway.