Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to install a license on miniSAP 4.6D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I bought the ABAP OBjects book with miniSAP 4.6D. The mini sap's license is only for one month. When I'm trying to renew it with the DOS command saplicense -install, I have the following error :

• SAPLICENSE <Release 46D> ERROR ***

ERROR: Can not set DbSl trace function

DETAILS: DbSlControl<DBSL_CMD_IMP_FUNS_SET> failed with return code 20

RC-INFO: error loading dynamic db-library - check environment for:

dbms_type = <db-type> (e.g. ora)

DIR_LIBRARY = <patch to db-dll> (e.g. /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/run)

Before launching saplicense -install, I'm executing dbenv.cmd to initialize the dbms_type and DIR_LIBRARY variables. (dbms_type=mss and DIR_LIBRARY=.)

To solve this problem, I read on another thread of this forum that I need to start the MBS System, but it doesn't work.

For information, I use windows 2000 Pro and I'm logged as administrator.

Thank you very much for your help.

I'm frustrating with this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Welcome to SDN.

Have a look of complete communities and go through SCN completely and get the knowledge how can you use this effectively.

Post your query in SAP NETWEAVER ADMINSTRATION you will get quick response.

Cheers!!

Balu

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Welcome to SDN.

Have a look of complete communities and go through SCN completely and get the knowledge how can you use this effectively.

Post your query in SAP NETWEAVER ADMINSTRATION you will get quick response.

Cheers!!

Balu

0 Kudos

I'm going to post a new thread on this forum

Thanks

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can extend your license here [www.mySAP.com/Technology/minisap] .Choose system ID, which is MBS. To get your Hardware ID see Installing the SAP License in mini.html file stored in your Mini SAP CD1.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply but I already did it.

The question is why afterwards when I'm trying to extend the license with saplicense -install, I have this error....

Normally ,with this command I should enter the new license key (I already received it from the adress you gave me), but it doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can somebody help me ? Thank a lot.