Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Issue with "BAPI_TRIP_CHANGE_STATUS" FM in Travel Mgmt - Reg

All,

I am working with ECC 6.0 with

SAP_BASIS 700 0012 SAPKB70012 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 700 0012 SAPKA70012 Cross-Application Component

I am using the above FM in my custom workflow's custom background method. THis is used to set the Settlement status to OPEN.

Of late, in Production, i am seeing this issue of trip getting locked by WF-BATCH itself. Has anybody faced such issue ?

To let you know my analysis & Observation on the above FM,

this FM, for some reason, is locking both the PERNR and REINR (Trip #), even though i feel, it's NOT ALWAYS necessary. Initially, there were couple of instances during our development and testing phases, i noticed that when i used the same FM to set the Trip status to "APPROVED",the PERNR was locked and hence the trip status couldn't be set to APPROVED. THis happened (not all the times though) even when the PERNR user was editing some other trip, not the trip whose status is being set. But, the WF-BATCH was making 3 attempts(in a span of about 1 hr), to execute the same method and when both the PERNR & REINR are free, it was successfully executing the method, setting the Trip status.

But, with the method that i am having problem with, where i am trying to set the Settlment status to OPEN, with the same above std. FM, it's NOT making multiple attempts to re-execute the method. It simply is erroring out with the error

message "Key PERNR locked by WF-BATCH" error.

Anybody, if faced similar issue and fixed it, please let me know.

I found the OSS Note 980006, but that's relevant to Rel 600 and noother relevant ones.

I'd really appreciate immediate help on this issue. Please let me know if you need more details or not clear of the issue.

Thanks in advance.

venu

Edited by: Venugopal Jogi on Oct 20, 2008 12:02 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question