Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a report for not authorized to transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a report that show all users that tried to start a transaction and get the message not authozied to transaction.

For ex:

User try to starts a transaction which he's no authorized and gets the message not authorized to transaction xxxx.

Thanks

Joe

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

SM20N/SM20 will show you what transactions a user has attempted to execute and if they recieved an authorization failure. The text will read "start of transaction XXXX failed (Reason=6)".

0 Kudos

Michael

I ran report this morning but I do not see a reason = 6

Plus if you put in a transaction that does not exist you get the same message.

I was trying to distinguish the message for transactions that do not exist and the one's that do exist but user cannot start because not authorized.

Thanks

Joe

0 Kudos

The message is part of the "Transaction Start" Audit Class messges. The reason code 6 is stored in the message text field so I do not think this would be searchable.

0 Kudos

Which release are you on?

> Plus if you put in a transaction that does not exist you get the same message.

> I was trying to distinguish the message for transactions that do not exist and the one's that do exist but user cannot start because not authorized.

It is theoretically possible for a developer in the system to create a transaction "on the fly" and call it, so you would want the audit log to know about both, if it came to that.

I agree that it would be nice to be able to distinguish between:

- a real failed tcode check at tcode start itself.

- a tcode called (successfully) using CALL TRANSACTION for which there is not SE97 relationship (this might explain your observation, if there is a "No Check" flag!)

- a tcode which does not exist (anymore).

Cheers,

Julius