cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Scheduling - (Shifts - Intervals)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a Work Center defined with 3 shifts (24 hours) and a standard capacity from 8 - 4 pm which is displayed outside (start - end time, etc..)

I created a production order with BACKWARD scheduling and I've noticed the scheduling is calculated on the standard capacity (8 - 4) and not the 24H intervals/shifts defined.

1) why is that?

2) how can I correct the settings

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

Here's the problem, I solved it.

1) in the work center under Capacity Category I didn't have a "ACTIVE VERSION" set. It had to be set to the version I used inside "intervals and shifts", that's why it always considered the "Standard Capacity"

2) In OPU3 you have to check on "Scheduling with breaks" so it would take the exact break times into account while scheduling.

Thank you very much for all who supported.

Regards

Former Member

Simply, my question is.

Why when I schedule the order it does not consider the break times I've defined in the intervals?

I have a break from

11 am - 12 pm

when I create an order in CO01 using BACKWARD scheduling, it doesn't take into account the break time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you create a shift sequence you have defined a Group also. Assign this group in workcenter capacity header details.

Now system will consider this group ie, 24 hours & break time also. If you not assigned, system will consider only std available capacity ie, 8 - 4 pm.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already had the group assigned.

It's not working...

It's very upsetting and annoying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Shift sequence in OP4A, have you maintained your breaks in "Work Break Schedules" and assigned the same in the "Shift Definitions"? If yes, then your scheduling wil definitely consider the breaks and will not propose any production time during this time.

-Thaila Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I've done that.

However, if I have the 3 shifts and each has a break of 1 hour. Should I also put in the standard available capacity 3 hours?

Now I'm creating a production order and it's not getting the exact break time while scheduling, it's dividing the 3 hours break on the 21 hours working time. Each 1 hour operation it schedules for 1 hour and 7 minutes.

How can I make it schedule the right break times?

I went to OPU3 (Scheduling Parameters) and checked "Scheduling With Breaks) but doesn't work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to give break time 1 hr /shift means, break time 3 hr need to give. The the available capacity is only 21 hr. Again if tou maintain capacity utilization % if you maintain 100%, then only your available capacity is 21hr. Other wise the available capacity = 21hr x Capacity utilization %.

regards,

V. Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have defined the capacity start time 8am, end time 4pm. That is why the system is considered this time only. If you are running your capacity 24 hours, 3 shifts / day means, you need to define start time 00:00:01 to 24:00:00. Then the system will consider 24hr as a work center capacity.

regards,

V. Suresh