cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking rule in Availability check.

Former Member

Hi All,

I make an order with availability check 01 in MMR,a dialog box opens which shows me delievery proposal,complete delievery and scope of check.When i press scope of check the link is between checking rule A and availability check 01.

My question is why does the system took the combination of checking rule A and availability check 01 and why not checking rule 01 and availability check 01.What prompted the system to take the combination of A and 01,inspite of not defining checking rule A anywhere in the MMR.Is this predefined in the coding?

Please advice

Rishi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

If the control data is rhe same for both A/01 Order checking rule ,and B/01 Delivery checking rule then if you want to change some thing then it can be done

Usually in both cases it will be the same

The dialogue box has appared to you while creating the sales order because there may not be sufficient stocks in unrestricted qty

If there is sufficient stocks in unrestricted qty then there wont be any dialogue box while creating the sales order

If you want to check, then create a material in MM01 and load the stocks to your plant and storage location thro MB1C thro movement type 561

See Availability check works on three major things

1.Stocks in hand that is Physical stocks

2.Inward movements like PR,PO

3.Outward movements like sales reservations

The subthings of these three major factors is given in OVZ9

For your order type CS cash sale why it is always B/01

Think logically

What is cash sale

A customer picks up the material in stores and he pays for it then and there

It means the order and delivery are immediate or one and the same

In logical process there is no order for cash sale

The customer can only pick up the available material hence the availability check is only in delivery

Hope it is clear to you now

Regards

raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 22, 2008 1:01 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Dear Rishi

Checking Rule A for Sale Order and B for Delivery is pre defined in SAP and based on the availability check what you maintain in material master, checking rule will react in sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Please can you throw some light on this-As you said that combination of checking rule B and availability check 1 will arise when the delievery will happen.But if you see the control data for combination B/01 is same as A/01 in T code-OVZ9.So where is the difference?Also how can i check the scope of check at the time of delievery.I mean the dialog box does not appear at the time of delievery which happens at the time of making an order.Also if you make a CS order the scope of check appears as 01/B,why no 01/A?

Please advice.

Thanks

Rishi

former_member550050
Active Contributor

Hi

Availability check is carried out in different transactions like Sales order creation, delivery creation, Purchase order creation, goods issue and also in production order.The point to be noted here is every where the availability check is carried out using two basic elements.

1. Checking rule

2. Checking group

Now let us understand these two important elements.

Checking Rule

Checking rule is transaction based, i.e. In STD SAP system, if you are creating the sales order, then it is A, if delivery then it is B, if you are creating/releasing production order, then it is PP. This is almost fixed. What is the use of this...as a single element it does not have any meaning, but with checking group.

Checking group

Checking group is the one what you assign in material master at plant level, i.e. for different plant and for the same material or for same plant different material there can be a different checking group. This is assigned in material master in MRP3 view, as a signal element it may not have much meaning except that it may be used for checking at which level - group level or individual level and quantities confirmed in the availability check are to be locked or not.

Combination of Checking rule and checking group will define the scope of check

In scope of check you will be defining all control parameters in t code OVZ9

I hope you are now clear

Checking group you have defined in MMR as 01 and system is checking with checking rule A as it is a sales order you have created

Hence the system takes the said combination

Checking rules are predefined in SAP almost

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said that combination of checking rule B and availability check 1 will arise when the delievery will happen.But if you see the control data for combination B/01 is same as A/01 in T code-OVZ9.So where is the difference?Also how can i check the scope of check at the time of delievery.I mean the dialog box does not appear at the time of delievery which happens at the time of making an order.

Please advice.

Thanks

Rishi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In VL02N, highlight the line item, then go to menu Environment -> Availability. The system will display the details. You wont see delivery proposals like in sales order as the delivery is created only after the schedule line is confirmed.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

'A' refers to Sales Order and Availability check Rule determined in '01'.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka