cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine data from multiple ODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, evrybody,

I need to lookup data in multiple ODS. Instead of coding multiple select statements, I was thinking that I might create a view on multiple ODS and then do one lookup on the view. Is that a way to go or I should consider doing something else?

Apreciate your input.

Thanks!

Alina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you create a MultiCube with the reqd. ODS's as base objects. It will be faster even if you want to Report on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Actually I need to lookup in the Start routine in the Update rules and for that I think I need a DB object - MultiCube is not a DB object, is it?

Sorry - I was not clear in my question. I came from Orcale and probably still thinking as a PLSQL programmer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You've got multiple options to choose from. As stated in the above post you can create a multiprovider which'll join the data from each ODS object and will give you an union.

You can also go in for an infoset which'll give you intersection of data based on if you do an inner join or go in for an outer join.

The other option you've got is to create a generic datasource based on the view combining the tables you want at the R3 side and then pull the data only to one ODS.

Again you also have the option of looking up the data from the various ODS but that'll be a hit on performance.

Also for using the above approaches, you need to consider your requirements, data volumes and granularity.

For more information on the above methods (multiprovider, infoset and generic datasource), you can search the forum, which'll give you detailed answers on how they behave and their usages.

Based on that you can arrive at a decision.

Cheers,

Kedar

Answers (0)