SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up start and end dates for validity of contract account in FICAx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where can I set up the validitiy period for the contract account in FICA. In contract creation, I could just see the contract validity start date. I also need to know the validity end date. Please let me know the solution asap.

Points will be awarded for all the useful answers.

Thanks

Santosh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I do not find anything on defining validity period for a contract account. But this requirement can be met through Invoicing Lock or Posting Lock options readily available.

To stop invoicing against the customer in future, you can set Invoicing Lock (field INV_REASON) in the contract account master.

To stop any kind posting against the customer in future, you can set Posting Lock (field POST_LOCK) in the contract account master.

In both the above locks, you can define the validity period of the lock. Once you define a particular period, no postings/invoicing can happen with posting dates falling in that period.

Hope it clarifies.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

about this validity issue, if you really want to set validity dates in the contract account, maybe you'll have to create two Z fields in the FKKVKP customer include (CI_FKKVKP) and then develop a screen and all the function modules or routines to control it. I think it is really simple to add fields to the contract account and make them available for input, either in the screen or via standard function modules. This is done via views in transactions CAS2, CAS3 and CAS4.

Just in case, transaction CAWM call the contract account menu where you have all the related transaction and customizing.

Cheers,

0 Kudos

Elevation,

As rightly said by you, we an very well add additional fields in contract account master table FKKVKP or FKKVK through BDT. But it would not have any influence on various processes where this contract account is used for transactions.

The objective of keeping validity period what I understand is to use the contract account for various transactions only during the validity period. Outside the validity period, system should not post any transacstions against that contract.

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Yes, you're right, you would then need to develop a lot of user exits to prevent the re-use of the contract account after the validity date.

I'm think in a strange solution, it could work but you'll need to test it. if a contract account is marked for deletion (Field FKKVKP-LOEVM equal to 'X') no further action can be made over it, When you create you contract account you can schedule a change using as validity date (Field BUS000FLDS-VALDT ins the change contract account screen) to the end date of you contract account and set this deletion flag. then you run FPP2A to activate the schedule changes, before you get to the end date the flag is not set, when you get to the end date FPP2A will activate the flag and the contract account becomes not usefull.

If you do this, you have be careful because all the postings to the contract account won't be possible, it means that if there are payment to be made, interests to be calculated, etc... nothing will be posted.

Cheers,