Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output requirement

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

our system is so designed that the sales order is confirmed for stock when the materials department confirms the same by means of a Z transaction and by selecting the relevant sales order number. by doing this, a staus is updated in the sales order that it is "accpeted by matrials".

now we want to put a requirment in order confirmation output type ZBA00 that unless and untill the sales order status is "accpeted by materials", it should not trigger an order confirmation.

so when the first time the sales order is made, the status is "pending with materials" and so ZBA00 will not be set in sales document.

my question is after some days,when the matrials department confirms the stock for the sales order and the status in order is changed to accpetd by materials, do the user needs to go in Va02 change mode to trigger the output type "...........we do not want this, we want as soon as order status is changed, the sales order confirmation should be sent to customer wihtout users entering into sales order change mode.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is possible through a custom code in the requirement that is assigned to the O/p type in the determinaed procedure.

In the requirement routine, put a logic by which the system checks the status of the materials. Once the qunatity is available & the status is changed to accepted, then it should trigger the O/p. MAintain the conditon records. System will then trigger the O/p when the items are confirmed.

Explain the requirment to the ABAPer. Identify the fields where the material acceptance is updated. Give him the fields which the code needs to check for items to be accepted.

Regards,

Sivanand

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, thanz for the reply. my main confusion is that one needs to be in change mode or creation mode to trogger output types in sales order.

so if my order is accpetd by materials guy after 2 days,then my users have to manually enter the sales order to trigger the output and i do not want user to manualy enter , rather the output shud happen automatcially after status is accpetd by materails. how to achieve that .

regards

sachin

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per current design, yes users need to use VA02 to trigger the output.

If the users do not want to open manually, then when you update the sales order status using the Z transaction code, the same Z-program can be coded to add the output type in the sales order, after updating the status in the sales order.

If this option is not accepted by the business, then you can develop another ABAP program, to update the sales order with output condition record. The program logic can be, check the status for "accepted by materials" -> then open the sales order in VA02, then add the output condition type -> then save the sales order. This Z-program can be run in the background at frequent intervals like say once in 4hrs.

In order to trigger the output automatically, the output condition master record should be set with value 4-send immediately in the field dispatch time.

Regards,

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

hi, thanx for the reply. one query

u mean to say that output type can be added in sales order without going in va02 mode. how can this be possible thru abap. u mean to say abap can call the vao2 in the background and so the output can be triggered.can it aslo happen that the abao does not call va02 in background and still output is placed in sales order.

regards

sachin

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that can be achieved using ABAP program. Talk with your ABAPer with the options suggested and he/she can code for the requirements. For your scenario, the program can trigger the output only through VA02.

Regards,