Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enclosing characters for namespace in XI

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file (FCC) to file (XML) scenario. The output that I am getting is a .xml file. When I open the output file in Notepad (text editor) I got the following

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>

<if:product xmlns:if='data.interface' xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:schemaLocation='data.interface product.xsd'>u2026

but my requirement is as following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<if:product xmlns:if="data.interface" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="data.interface product.xsd">u2026

When I open the output file in XML editor then the character " is coming but when I open the same file in text editor character ' is coming.

Please provide some solution to get the enclosing character " always (in both xml editor and text editor) .

PS: I have also used the XML anonymizer for

anonymizer.encoding = ISO-8859-1

anonymizer.quote = "

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This can vary based on which OS you are when you open the file. Another thing is editor which you used to open.

Use to open the file with command prompt in Windows and you can see exactly what XI produced

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The way you are looking at the file is always depends on how the editor is showing it on the screen. Though both the editors are showing different characters, the character might be the same internally. At the command prompt, use the command type <file name with full path>. You will see exactly what is in the file. Best thing would be to give the file to you end point people and ask them if it is what they wanted.

VJ

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijaya for your reply,

I have consulted with my client and they are asking for the character " in both text editor and xml editor. They told the character should be " in all editors.

Please suggest some solution.

Br,

Madan Agrawal