cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an existing scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to delete an existing scenario.

If I delete the software component from SLD, could I have any problems?

I am thinking in deleting it from there and then delete every object in IR and ID.

Is this the right way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>If I delete the software component from SLD, could I have any problems?

Yes, You may loose all the other scenario that belongs to the SWCV.

>>I am thinking in deleting it from there and then delete every object in IR and ID.

No.

1. First delete the Interface mapping, Message Mapping, Message Interface, Message Type and Data types. Then activate the changes.

2. Enter the SWCV in edit mode and delete the namespace from it. Save and activate the SWCV.

3. You can delete the complete scenario in ID.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Im going to follow your steps, but I got one doubt:

I can delete anything in DEV and QA, but I cant do that in PROD.

Is this the right way? :

• delete the Interface mapping, Message Mapping, Message Interface, Message Type and Data types in DEV, and then activate the changes.

• Transport this changes to QA.

• Transport from QA to PROD.

• Then, enter the SWCV in edit mode and delete the namespace from it. Save and activate the SWCV.

• Al last, delete the complete scenario in ID (in DEV). Then transport it to QA and finnaly transport it to PROD.

Am I wrong in any step?

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes...delete all the IR objects and delete the namespace from the SWCV and activate it. Do the same in the ID in Dev and move the change to QUA and Production.

In the IR you could transport the SWCV itself rather than transporting the individual objects and editing the SWCV in the other systems.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I can delete anything in DEV and QA, but I cant do that in PROD.

Is this the right way? :

delete the Interface mapping, Message Mapping, Message Interface, Message Type and Data types in DEV, and then activate the changes.

Transport this changes to QA.

Transport from QA to PROD.

Then, enter the SWCV in edit mode and delete the namespace from it. Save and activate the SWCV.

Al last, delete the complete scenario in ID (in DEV). Then transport it to QA and finnaly transport it to PROD.

Am I wrong in any step?

All steps are correct. But you can delete namespace directly then all mappings and objects will be deleted under the namespace.

Activate the change list and transport to Q and then P

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you delete the SWC from the SLD, the objects under that SWC will not work.

After deleting the Desinig objects , you have to activate all the deleted objects in the change list.

While deleting the scenario in ID, you need to check if the business system of that scenario is using by any other scenario.

Then you can delete the scenario and activate all the objects in the Change list.

Regards

Sridhar Goli