cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues of PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to get more knowledge on XI Queues in SAP PI 7.0.

As I understand, the incoming/outgoing messages are persisted in Adapter Engine and Integration Engine. In case of Adapter Engine, the persistence is twice and for Integration Engine, it is once.

What about the scenario when ccBPM is involved. The message is persisted again?

What types of queues does SAP PI have? It is definitely not JMS. They keep saying queues, but isn't it actually SAP tables that the messages are persisted?

Please let me more information on these.

Thanks,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

XI Asynchronous Message Processing: Understanding XI Queues

How to use SAP's WebAS J2EE's JMS Queue in Exchange

Registering queques

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/96/8412417301ee6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Queque assignment(See Last few para)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What about the scenario when ccBPM is involved. The message is persisted again?

yes

What types of queues does SAP PI have? It is definitely not JMS. They keep saying queues, but isn't it actually SAP tables that the messages are persisted?

JMS queue are different and that is useful when you integrate with a Queue based integration tool like MQ series.

Yes messages are queue and persisted over SAP tables. The above like for Youvraj blog and Help documentation can give you more clear id on Queue in XI.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not get confused with JMS Queues. They are JMS technology implementation related Qs. XI hae various other types of Qs.. like inbound outbound and others. The above links would help you. In XI help portal search for Queues. You will get the documentation.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos