Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Cockpit - how to handle different status

britta_heimann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am testing the closing cockpit and would like to know if there is the possibility to configure the status and the behaviour of dependent jobs.

For example:

During the month end closing we settle the pp orders. Therefore several steps are necessary: 1. overheads, 2. WIP, 3. variances, 4. settlement.

If there is one pp order where the overheads cannot be created the job gets the status "error". With this status the dependant job will not start automatically, even if all other 10000 pp orders had no error. This is not very comfortable as each single job has to be checked and the status has to be set manually.

Would it be possible to trigger the dependent job even if the predecessor has an error?

Thank you in advance for every answer & regards

Britta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case where you need to proceed with errors . Please make sure that the dependency between the 2 tasks is taken and the tasks are executed manually .

Hope this answers.

Thanks,

YGB

britta_heimann
Participant
0 Kudos

But that won't help me as it is necessary to have the dependencies between the jobs. If I plan jobs manually via sm36 I can start the jobs in dependancy to another one but independant of the status of the predecessor job. I need to do exactly the same in the Closing Cockpit. If I have to do everything manually I will lose a lot of time as some jobs can only run at night and should trigger the successor jobs.

Regards

Britta

britta_heimann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there nobody who made experiences with the closing cockpit?

Thanx & regards

Britta