Setting up Rapid Mart - One question
I am trying to setup Rapid marts in our company, here is the steps i followed.
1) installated BO XI 3.0
2) I ran the setup for SAP Account Payable Rapid Marts, it executed fine and installed Reports and Universe in my CMS repository
3) It created a SAP_AP connection in my universe, when i am trying to test the connection it says connection failed.
My questions :
1) do i need to create a separate DB for Rapid Marts or will it create automatically
2) i need to get the data from SAP, to the Target DB(rapid Mart tables).
3) I read in documents Rapid marts installation with SQL Server it has some issues, and Tables will not be created. you need to run a script from the installation directory.(C:\Prog files\BO\Rapidmart\AP\)
4) I tried searching for the script in the installation directory, i could not find it. Please let me know the location
Our environment: BO Edge 3.0, SQL Server 2005 sp2, Tomcat.
I would appreciate if you can cc to my personal email id vsagain at rediffmail dot com too.
Jacques du Preez replied
With Rapid Marts you need to check the install and "repair" where needed.
The rapid mart is predefined data structure i.e tables etc, that need to be created in RDMS of your choice i.e SQL or Oracle. This is done by means of the installation program or the scripts you are talking about.
Universes and a few reports are published.
Another component is that is installed is the ETL part of Data Integrator where the Conections, Jobs, Workflows, Data Flows and transformation objects are created in the DI repository specified.
Hope this helps