cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAN/UCC code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've the need to enter in material master data the UCC code in order to permit to create a SO when the customer requires goods identifying them by UCC code and not by Sap R/3 Material code.

In BASIC DATA1 i can choose the ean category but wich is ( if it exists) the category tha I can use to enter a UCC code of 14 digits?

Thanks in advance

Roberta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 14 digit use category as IC

and for 12 digit use UC

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've a dubt:

which is the difference beetween the Ean category tha you're suggesting me and the Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) that I've seen in the sap library?

Thanks in advance

Roberta

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kaus_desh
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

please read below for EAN CAT.

You do not need to enter the EAN category if you assign the International Article Number (EAN) externally. In this case, the system determines the correct EAN category automatically.

If you want the system to assign the EAN (internal assignment), you enter an EAN category, but leave the EAN field blank.

If both the EAN field and the EAN category field contain values, the system assumes that you want to enter the EAN externally and that you have possibly entered an incorrect EAN category.

kaustubh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to describe the scenario in which the Ucc has to be used:

- The material Master data of goods destined to Italian markets and america ones are created on Matrix ( external system)

- These materials are post to Sap by interface; The interface assigns to matrix ean code an Ean Category type on sap according to Material Type

- For italian goods actually a ITF- 14 is used ( with Ean Category 01) for fished goods

- It is required to use an specific Ean Category different from ITF- 14 to indicate american finished goods;

this ean category has to be compliant to UCC 14.

So,what do you suggest to me as concerning above written?

Thanks in advance

Roberta