Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Alternatives to WAD for displaying BI Queries / Views in Enterprise Portal

Hello experts,

we have been using WAD 3.5 extensively for displaying BI Querys in a web-capable form within our Enterprise Portal.

Since our users are not BW-familiar in general, we have the requirement to provide a very easy GUI and navigation.

Actually in 3.5 we are able to fulfill this requirement by extensive use of Javascript to modify the look & feel and also the behaviour of the Web applications.

In WAD 7.0 this is not any longer possible, as SAP restricted the Javascript usage, in 7.0 it is impossible to change the HTML code by accessing the DOM, which is very uncomfortable for us, since our users are familiar with the our (javascript-driven)convenient BI Web interfaces.

My question now: are there any alternatives for displaying BI content (queries / views) in the portal apart from using WAD web templates?

I read that the Visual Composer is now capable of processing BI content. Does anyone have experiences with this? And if yes, how does this compare to the WAD?

I also read that there is a BI Java SDK which contains an API to the OLAP processor. Is the BI Java SDK an alternative to WAD? And if yes, is it possible to integrate Java SDK with Web Dynpro or is it plain Java requiring the usage of Servlets / JSP to render the UI?

Thanks in advance for your help,

best regards,

Thilo

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question