cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation does not appear to match release I purchased

Former Member
0 Kudos

I purchased Crystal Reports XI full product and I expected to get release 2 but when I look at help it shows version 11.0.01282 which I am told is release 1.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your information Crystal reports release 2 is a full client developer version, later version of crystal reports release1.

The hot fix for crystal reports release 2 is used for any sort of bugs which are found for a problem.

All these critical hot fixes and monthly hot fixes are there in one single service pack.

So, based on your current service pack you can upgrade to the next service pack which is available.

If you have service pack2 for crystal reports release 1 then you can install service pack 4 as SP3 is not available.

Else let me know what exactly you are looking for ?

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you read my original post - I purchased Crystal Report XI Full Product about a month ago and I expected to receive version 2 - which is the latest version of Crystal XI. It came with two CD's. On said 'Crystal Report XI' and the other one said something like 'Crystal Reports XI release 2 for Windows 2000'. I am on XP so I installed the first CD (Crystal Report XI) assuming that it was also release 2. When I check help (about Crystal) it says that I am on 11.0.0.x.x and somebody told me that this means that I am on release 1. I want to be on release 2. One of your developers said that I am indeed on release 1 and that I can upgrade to release 2 and that is what I am trying to figure out how to so but it is not obvious to me how to do that.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well lets see, you installed Release 1 however you can install from the other cd which says XIR2, it doesn't matter if it says for windows 2000 as xp is based on the same architecture.

Hope this helps

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I will try the other CD this morning and then I will close this out if it works OK. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I may add one more question:

If you have CR XI R2 SP4 installed, what version is displayed when you do a help about? (The Product Version field)

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sterling she hasn't installed R2 let alone SP4? First need to install XIR2 and then install SP4 ontop of it and then see the version.

Regards

jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I didn't mean "you" as in her; I meant in general. I am not sure if I installed SP4 for CR XIR2 yet. Or if some machines have SP3 or just XIR2 only....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sterling my apologies, as we were discussing the issue I thought you meant "her".

Regards

jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would not let me install - I got the following error

'Error applying Transforms. Verify that the specified transforms path exists.'

I am assuming that this is because I am trying to install from the windows 2000 CD.

Is there a manager that I can talk to or a phone number that I can call? This should be an easy thing and it seems to be difficult for everyone to figure out....

First of all are you sure that i am on release 1 and not 2? Does anybody know the version numbers for the two releases?

And if I am on release 1 how to I get to release 2?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elizabeth,

Why don't you try the following,

1: Uninstall Crystal Reports from your machine.

2: Install Crystal Reports from the 2nd CD which states Crystal Reports XIR2

3: Update the XIR2 to SP4 from the links given in this post.

4: Click on Help and About and see the version

That is what I would have done to be honest. I had the same problem when I bought my package Crystal Reports Server XIR2 in june and when it came it came only with CR Server and never received XI designer.

Anyhow, that's a long story, lets not get there.

Situation here is that you cannot update it from your 2nd cd. So what we should do is to uninstall what we have on the machine and install it from the 2nd cd and see if that works?

Can we do that?

Regards

Jehanzeb

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in exactly the same situation as poor Elizabeth, and just as frustrated. I purchased my upgrade (from CR-10 to XI) last spring (?) (It was some time ago, shortly after XI was released). I haven't been able to update it since installation, because the "update" option on the opening screen doesn't work, (and never has. SAP acknowledged that it didn't work back in September, but have not fixed it, as far as I can determine.) When I couldn't get an Active-X control to work, I was advised to update my CR as a first step, and see whether this fixed it. But I haven't been able to figure out how to do this either. Can I get one of you to answer a couple of questions?

1) Are any of the people replying to Elizabeth from SAP? (ie. can they speak authoritatively, or are they just as confused as the rest of us? "Try this; maybe it will work...")

2) I suspect I have R1 since I got it very shortly after release of XI. As somebody noted, there is no way to tell from the product description in Help->About. If I interpret the various messages correctly, R2 is a "different product". Can one update one's R1 to R2 free? Or is there an additional "upgrade fee" triggered? (Indeed, is this why Elizabeth found herself unable to run her newly installed version with her original key code??)

3) If indeed it is a free update, am I correct in my understanding that the update is found under CR-XI R2 on the Downloads page? (The drop-down list has CR-IX, CR-IX R1, and CR-IX R2. The first elicits a message that there are no updates available, the second lists a whole raft of updates; it is unclear to me which ones I need to download; there doesn't seem to be any form of cumulative update. The third presumably applies only to R2, and GOK what will happen if one tries to stick them into R1.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, It can be done you can contact the CIC Group.

It is the old support number 800-887-2340, this can be used by US & Canada.

World wide number --+49-6227-744969.

You can mail them and ask for the S- user id at :

bosapadministrator at sap.com

You can inform them you are unable to login the SAP support portal and indeed of crystal license key for release 2.

They will guide you.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After much heart-ache and many hours going in circles trying to get help I have decided to just reinstall the old version. For some reason I am really having trouble getting any support. Any suggestions? Everybody keeps pointing me back to this forum.

Edited by: elizabeth morrison on Oct 29, 2008 4:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elizabeth,

I know how it feels because few months back I have been going through this process. I have been shouting at my distributor whom I bought the package from, I have been shouting at SAP as well but nothing was seem to be working.

Then after writing endless amount of emails to SAP I end up getting an email from a SAP manager. He asked me few questions and also told me what needs doing.

Once I did what he asked me to do, few weeks later I received the CR 2008 Designer (upgrade from CR XIR2) which I was trying for ages.

I would suggest if you are recently designing reports then best idea to move to CR 2008, its free upgrade whoever bought CR XI (XIR2).

Anyhow, try emailing at these email address and explain your situation

OM.BOBJEMEA.GeneralRequests at sap.com (replace at)

support.uk at sap.com

E-Delivery at BusinessObjects.com

See if someone could help you out.

Please note: if you do not have an SAP ID which starts from S, it is a number like S2324323421 (please note: this number i wrote is just a random numbers however shows how an id might look like).

Call SAP on the number given to you and ask them to create a SAP ID for you.

Then you can carry on with the other things.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is prompting for your S-user id and password to login to the support portal.

If you don't have any idea then check the mail from the SAP which was sent to you earlier with the login credentials or contact S-user whose has created your profile.

You can get the key from the above path.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In all of my emails and all of my documentation I don't see a login and password just a registration number. It told me to contact my super user and I think that is the same thing that you are saying but I also don't know how to do that and can't figure it out from the website either. This web site is not intuitive and they really should have phone support.....but I assume that is not your fault.

So, how do I contact my s-user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Elizabeth,

We are on half way, you can log on to SAP support Portal and request for a permanent license key in keys and requests tab.

There you can see Service corner---Request License Key.

Where you can ask for a new crystal release 2 key, for temporary purpose you can test it with the Temporary license keys which are available in a zip folder.

You can download the Temp keys list for CRXI R2 and test it in the mean while you get the key code from the SMP.

This is will definitely help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to get to the SAP support portal a popup login shows up and when i put in my login and password for the forum it doesn't work. Any ideas?

It looks like it is trying to log into

websmp207.sap-ag.de

It is a windows type login that is popping up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

I have followed the thread of responses which you have received, just try to install the crystal reports release 2 from the CD on your machine.

Else if the process fails or throws any errors then copy the dump of the CD on your Hard Disk and try to install it locally from your machine.

Then you may go ahead with the link for service packs.

I think this may help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get it installed by copying the CD onto my harddrive but now it is asking me for a product key and it won't take the temporary code for R2 or the temporary code for the old one that I installed..... now I can't use CR at all..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey You can download the service pack 4 for Cr XI release 1 you can get them from the same link down load and install it.

The service packs which you have found from the link are for crystal reports release 2.

As default with crystal reports release 2 you will get service pack 2.

Just try this it will help you.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On this web page

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

is

Crystal reports Release 2 actually that even though the software type is 'HotFix'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to download the service pack3 or 4 for CR XI then you can install them through the below link :

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm.

Where as if you want to install the service pack 4 for Cr Xir2 then you can download and install them through the given link.

You can install the service packs where it doesn't show any effect on your service of crystal reports.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On this page

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

I see

Crystal Reports Release 2 (hotfix)

Crystal Reports Release 2 Sp2 incremental (Service Pack)

Crystal Reports Release 2 SP4 incremental (Service Pack)

Which of these do I start with from release 1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

As you said, You have purchase only CR XI product not CR XI R2. Please note both are differnt products. You may upgrade your product to CR XI R2.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I do that? I can get to downloads - do I choose release 2 - service pack 4 incremental?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know yes! you get to downloads and you download the XI R2 SP4 and install it.

Regards

Jehanzeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, you will have to download CR XI R2 which comes with service pack 2 , then download service pack 3 and 4 and upgrade your product.

Thanks,

Sastry