cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile 7.1 badi in backend adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to add own BAdi exits/enhancement spots to the backend adapter. But I cant find any documentation how this has to be done. How can I add own defined enhancement spots to the backend adapter? What are the requirements of the interface which is to be created?

Who has more information about this topic?

With regards,

Mike Overmeijer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

As mentioned by Julian, you will not be able to create new enhancemnet spots.

The inputs for the names are just to make it more easier for the user to keep track of them.

In the backend adapter screen, you can give a name for the enhancement spot, BAdI name and interface name and the generation framework creates prefined interface definition inline with the structure of the 'BAPI's used in the adapter.

The interface consists of the six methods which you can implement based on the usage. Thhe interface methods are classified are 'Pre' & 'Post' mapping methods - wherein you can override mapping between the DO structure and the BAPI 's structure defined in the mapping tool.

With the BAdI implementation user can affect your getDetail, Create, Modify mapping patterns.

Hope this can provide some insight into the BAdI exits usage in the backend adapter in NW 7.1,

Poornima

Edited by: Poornima Madhusudhan on Oct 21, 2008 9:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The enhancement points are clearly defined in the code of the bapis (you will see it is obvious) you will then be able to implement the enhancement.

And no, you can't define new enhancement point.

Thanks,

Julien.

http://www.msc-mobile.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the answer. But the question which arise then is, why do I need to add the enhancement spot name, a BAdi name and an interface name??

With regards,

Mike