cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display characters as # problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When i upload data from R/3, i have seen #, instead of Turkish letters . In the related customising, i have set it as ALL_CAPITAL, however i am still facing this problem.

Any idea?

thanks.

jmq.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I guess that # is a lowercase language character for Turkish letters. ALL_CAPITAL only works for language characters

that are in uppercase and you must only enter ALL_CAPITAL in transaction RSKC.

1. probably represents a character value that is not available in the BW code page therefore the system displays it as

#. If your BW system and R/3 source system are UNICODE you should check in SM59 in both the BW system and

the R/3 system that this option is enabled. If you don't have UNICODE then you will need to convert # to some

value that BW does accept in a routine in the data flow. If you display the data in RSA3 in the source system

you should be able to see what this value really is.

Best Regards,

Des.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Haven't solved that issue properly as i am still facing with #.

If you solve this problem please let me know too..

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Have you solved the issue? I have a similar problem on my system. (Turkish Letters)

Thanks

Alkan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So i have few questions:

1) what should i do when i upload texts that is lowercase in r/3?

2) still i have problem with uppercase Turkish letters even though i have all_capital or all_capital_plus_hex in rskc.

thanks all for your help.

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jmq,

Lowercase letters are never allowed in BW. This is explained in the note 173241. However for the Infobject that you

are loading the data too you can allow lowercase letters however this is not recommended. You can make this change if you

goto EDIT mode for the infoobject in RSD1, you need to flag the option 'Lowercase letter' under the 'General' TAB to enable

this, you will then get message at the bottom of the screen that explains the consequences of making this change. Have

a look at the long text of the message.

Best Regards,

Des.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes Turkish is installed in my system.

As i told before, Turkish letters are not displayed properly.

and i can see lowercase letters in texts as well. Is it normal? or should it capitilize all letters?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again,

still i have problem as i have checked both systems ara unicode, and in rskc i have ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX ,

still in both upper and lowercase letters i have # problem.

what else can it be?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Turkish language is installed in the BW system??

Also check if there is any routine at the transfer rules which is converting these kind of characters.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this in RSKC

ALL_CAPITAL_PLUS_HEX

Thanks

Ajeet