cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of SAP BI Content RE-FX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

a customer of mine is considering using RE-FX in addition to RE.

In SAP BI they have already build a solution based on RE. They now want to know what it means to for BI when they switch to RE-FX.

to what extend is the old (RE) content compatible with the RE-FX solution? or does this mean that they will have to do a total re-implementation"in BI?

kind regards

rogier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rogier,

unfortunately you do not mention your customer releases as this may have an impact.

Anyways, Re classic is based on a different concept and most importantly on different database tables than RE-FX. Therefore interfaces will need a redesign.

Apart from that it get´s trickier. Does your customer just want to switch from RE classic to Re-FX still using their old data structure with buildings, and rental units. Or do they also want to convert their real estate to using the flexible elements including pooled space and rental space? If they consider the latter, to what extent do you want to be flexible. Just converting one rental unit into pool and rental space, what is the smallest unit to rent?

Maybe you can come back to us with some more detail.

Ute

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

great,

tnx.. this was the answer i was looking for,.

kind regards

rogier

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody any suggestion yet?

grtz

rogier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rogier,

In did the decision of migration from re to re-fx is very hard even more when we use the SAP data base to populate data warehouses but you donu2019t have much option. You suggestion of having both REs active is not possible since after activating the re-fx, the classic no longer worksu2026.

So you will have almost to total re-go the BI solutions since we have new tables, new fields and new concepts. RE-FX being more flexible will raise questions as new cross dimensions, new attributes and metrics.

Underestimating the costs of adopting RE-FX and increased of requirements is a certain!

Regards,

DAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ute,

thank you for you very swift reply.

I dont have the release figures here with me and as far as i know they want to switch to FX to use the flexible elements such as indeed pooled space and rental space.

I will have to convene with the RE consultant (I Do the BI part ) and will come back with a more specific question.

tnx a lot.

kind regards

rogier

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

The customer is using SAP R/3 4.6c at the moment, to which extend it wants to use REFX is part of the business case...

Our recommendation for this customer is to migrate the classic rental units 1:1 to rental objects in FX. However, we do plan to use pools and rental spaces.

All the best,

B E R T