cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link ECC Company code with BCS Consolidation unit

0 Kudos

I have to create new consolidation unit in BCS, parallelly in SAP R/3 also I have created a company code.

I could read following in the forum :-

The Company Codes from ECC are assigned to the characteristic Company in BCS, thus creating a one to one relationship between ECC & BCS company codes.

BUT HOW TO DO THE SAME.

Also any advise on Profit centre and cost centre etc in BCS in line with ECC. This is first time I am configuring in BCS,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically in ECC company codes are assigned to a company. The company is typically used for cons unit in BCS, but it is not uncommon for company code to be used as cons unit.

When company code is used, it is an attribute of the characteristic company and thus in the load mapping, the company is mapped to the attribute company code. This results in company code being mapped to company.

Otherwise, if company code is in the databasis as the cons unit role, then it is simply mapped to company code to company code.

For profit center and cost center, these are typically assigned the role subassignment, but it is not uncommon for profit center to be a cons unit for a matrix consolidation. However, these characteristics must first be included in the totals/databasis infocube.