Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation Cost Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends!

Please, I would like to ask for some expert advice on the following issue:

My scenario is: I'm implementing SAP ERP (ECC 6.00) at a LSP (Logistcs Service Provider). The customer owns trucks and each truck is divided in two separate parts. Each part is a different fixed asset. Each part is, also, represented by a different cost center, because the customer wants to analyse results for each fixed asset.

When the customer sells a freight service two fixed assets are used, so there is the need to assign two different cost center that will receive the splitted costs (and the rule for split must be different in each case, eg: some times it will be 30% for one asset and 70% for the other, in other freight it could be 20/80, etc).

Do you have any ideas on how to do it? I'm still considering if it will be easier to adress this point with or without the use of the Transportation functionality.

Thanks very much!

Best regards,

Douglas Cezar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_chong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

As you mention the two trucks needs to be depreciated, I am not sure how are you going to represent them as Assets. The way i see it the two trucks needs to be created as packaging type and there is no direct relation to Assets.

From a business prespective I could understand from a financial point why the business wants this as an asset. One way I could see this is done via tracking it manually.

To perform the cost settlement base specific cost centre you need to use a user exit. The user exit should kick in at the point of cost settlement.

Cheers

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Kenneth!

Thanks for the advice.

In fact we don't need to depreciate the assets, so I think you are right in saying that it should not be a fixed asset.

The SAP customer owns almost all the trucks. In some cases, third-party trucks (or "half of the truck") are used. In such a scenario, the transportation service is carried by a truck formed partly by a customer-owned asset and partly by a third-party asset. Also In other scenario, the transportation is made by a entire third-party truck. Yet there is a scenario where the transportation is carried by a entire customer-owned truck.

The important thing is: each truck (or "part of the truck") that is owned by the SAP customer must be handled as a cost center AND as a profit center. So, when I sell one single transportation service I must settle costs for one cost center (or two, or three, dependind on how much customer-owned parts forms the truck). I also must assign profits for one (or two, or three, ...) profit centers. Finally, I thing I must assig one, two, or three, different and dynamically choosen profit and cost centers to each sales orders.

Do you thinkg I can address all this points with use of packaging types?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Douglas