cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast workbook to a printer from BEx Analyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if I can broadcast a workbook to aprinter from BEx Analyzer using standard BEx Broadcater tool.

In all documents i've read it's not explains if it possible or not, but in BEx Analyzer tool, when you load a workbook, the option Bradcast to printer it's not enable.

Someone knows if there is any possibility to do this? Are there any possibilities developing dedicated tasks, maybe in VBA with excel macros?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Penny MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Penny,

You can launch the Bex Broadcaster from Analyzer but only from a workbook execution and not from a query execution.

You will see that the option in the toolbar (behind the hammer) is no more grey when you open a workbook.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know this. But when you select broadcaster option in BEx analyzer, the only possibilities are provided to broadcast the workbooks are by email or to portal. I need broadcast to printer, but is not possible with standard BEx Broadcasting tools. Do you know any other possibility to send to printer?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Penny,

Sorry for the missunderstanding...

In your case, maybe you can create a small VB or .NET programm. Help to a batch user, you would log on to BI, open the workbook and execute the printing.

That means that this program has to be hosted on the server (a desktop might be switched off at the right time of the execution).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

Regards

Penny MM