cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrongly Activated Extended Withholding tax before data conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In 1099 Reporting for US, I have activated Extended Withholding Tax before conversion of data from Classical to Extended Withholding Tax. I have done this in Development system with transport request.

If anybody has come across similar situation, pl help me with your valuable inputs.

1. Will I be able to deactivate the extended withholding tax and do the data conversion and activate again.

2. If not, what will be the consequences of not doing the data conversion of existing data.

Kindly help me to come out of this crisis.

Thanks in advance.

San.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I highly appreciate your timely help.

I will try the alternatives you have suggested in Sandbox and communicate to you.

Thanks

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

After deactivating and doing the data conversion, whether it will be possible to activate extended withholding tax again is my main concern.

Kindly let me know your suggestions.

Thanks.

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it will be possible.

I haven't really faced this situation in EWT, but in another similar migration.

I do not know the extent of customisation you did for EWT or whether the documents you posted after activating did get posted in the EWT area.

The only place I think you may face will be in the migration itself, where these documents may give you errors is in the actual data migration step. But there would be some solution for that.

You need to see what options you have. Can you let this situation continue? Was this migration not a prep for doing the migration in production or just a test? If not then you will need to do something. This should have no impact on any migration you plan for the other systems (Quality/Production) in the landscape.

You can log in an OSS message just in case.

Cheers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are in ECC 6.0. I have posted 2 sample transactions after activating Extended w/holding tax. (development Server). I will try to reverse the posted documents and then uncheck the activation and try doing the changeover (conversion) steps.

Kindly give your suggestions to proceed further.

Thanks.

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does that mean you carried out the config for EWT also. If yes, then you will need to undo it. Once undone, deactivate EWT and you can use the Classic WHT functionality. However, the documents you have posted will not be accessible or will throw short dumps.

Other than that I do not think you would have any issues.

Cheers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version are you in?

If you have just activated EWT and not done any transactions then you can uncheck the activation and save in the relevant IMG node for "Activate EWT".

Cheers..