cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load 0CUST_SALES_TEXT in DELTA mode ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to load data for Customers texts and attributes (0CUSTOMER and 0CUST_SALES).

When I load data for attributes, I can load it in DELTAmode but when i load data for text I can't have it in DELTA mode but only on FULL mode.

Unfortunately, customer texts takes too much time (nearly 2h30). The ideal thing is to load customers text in DELTA mode but I don't know how I can do it? Can I have some help? I'm in SAP version 7.0.

Thanks in advance,

Bernadette Duong

Edited by: Bernadette Duong on Oct 20, 2008 2:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

You said that i can try to pull data based on some selections if possible. But finally I will take the same time to load customers text. The problem is that I don't know wich customer will have his text modify.

Is there any solution except to create a specific datasource?

Thanks,

Bernadette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernadette Duong,

As Marco explained you need to create a generic datasouce on a table which contains change date. Based on that you can provide selection(from last date to current date) you will get very few records.

OR,

How frequently you are loading customer master data texts...? Daily..?

Instead of daily make it Weekly and make it offtime(when system is free). As text is not pre-requisite for any other load you can load weekly FULL. Just explain same to your customer.

OR, you can try this. Better than new datasource.

From any customer Master data table, as you know changed records based on change date and creation date, try to delete records in R/3 side(customer exit) if records not changed or created. In this way also you can reduce a lot of records.

Hope it Helps

Srini

[Dont forget to close the call by assigning poings.... - Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

What do you mean by your last solution?

It's not the same thing as create a specific DataSource like Marco said?

Create a new Datasource will have the datasource 0cust_sales_text loading in delta mode and not in full mode, but will your solution (customer exit) impact R/3 transaction for customers? I don't see where this solution could be better as create a new datasource. could you explain me what you mean?

Thanks in advance,

Bernadette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernadette Duong,

Create a new Datasource will have the datasource 0cust_sales_text loading in delta mode and not in full mode, but will your solution (customer exit) impact R/3 transaction for customers? I don't see where this solution could be better as create a new datasource. could you explain me what you mean?

--> Use standard datasource only to load data. At r/3 side delete not required records(not changed or created newly). Then you can reduce total no of records loading into BW. This solution nothing to do with R/3 transactions as data comes from tables.

for new datasource, you need to create a infoset or view on multiple tables and on that need to create datasouce. As you have huge no of records, it takes more time than restricting records at user exit.

You better try both options and take your decision.

Hope it Helps

Srini

[Dont forget to close the call by assigning poings.... - Food for Points: Make a Difference through Community Contribution!|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/007928c5-c4ef-2a10-d9a3-8109ae621a82]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As I understand, create a user exit can impact r/3 transactions for Customers and create a new datasource will take much time in comparison with user exit.

I am right?

Thanks in advance

Bernadette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Right.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks a lot! We can't impact R/3 transactions, so I will create a specific DataSource

Best Regards,

Bernadette

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

m_verbaan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bernadette,

You must have a lot of customers in your system...2,5 hrs is not do-able for just Customer texts.

If you definitely need a delta-mechanism in your load and you only need field KNA1-NAME1 there are 2 options:

- Create generic datasource with (generic) delta based on KNA1-ERDAT or KNA1-UPDAT (you have to figure out which one captures a change to a customer...if I'm correct the last one will do the job after customer change confirmation)

- If the above doesn't work use the method as described in the following [link|]

Downside is you need ABAP-expertise

Hope this helps.

Grtx!

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bernadette Duong, Welcome to SDN.

Datasource: 0CUST_SALES_TEXT not delta capable. Only Full load possible. Only full load possible.

You can check at RSA2 r/3 side.

Try to pull data based on some selections if possible.

Hope it Helps

Srini