Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to record transaction "MM41" using QTP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on QTP and want to develop scripts for running the R3 transactions (say MM01). I have got all the patches required for the eCATT.

When QTP has launched, it automatically connects itself to ECA system (with all the defined preferences namely usename and password).

Also the Single Sign On for ECA system is activated. I have also changed the settings of the "Run and Record Setting". I have provided the username and pasword for the system I am trying to access through QTP. Enable Auto Log On Box is checked.

When I try to record, though the R3 system opens, I get an error message "Could not connect to server "System Name". Please verify the appropriate server information is dispalyed and configured in te SAP Logon dialog".

Please advise.

Regards

Shantanu.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member802027
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

the message

Please verify the appropriate server information is dispalyed and configured in te SAP Logon dialog".

points you exactly to the problem: QTP expects the system to be addressed (opened) needs to be maintained in the SAP Logon. Here the name needs to match exactly. Please double check this.

On the other side: Why are you going to use QTP for recording MM41 if you have eCATT available ???

Best regards,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Lauer on Oct 21, 2008 1:13 PM

Edited by: Michael Lauer on Oct 21, 2008 1:17 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for the response.

Actually I tried to capture a particular value in the cell of a grid table. While recording the same, eCATT failed to capture the particular cell value. Now object spying the same revealed that with eCATT, the particular cell is not being captured but the complete grid is being captured.

Here QTP could be brought in use for this purpose. So I am trying to record this particular thing in QTP and as a result the problem came up.

I just need to know the exact configurations which needs to be done so that I can start recording the same thing using QTP.

Could you help?

Regards

Shantanu.