cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BOXI 3.0] missing preferences - close browser - log me off infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

when we were testing BOXI R2 we wererunning on IIS now with BOXI 3.0 we are using TOMCAT

on R2 under Preferences in InfoView there was an option"When I close my browser window" and I could tick "always log me off InfoView" I think there were other option such as "prompt me" etc

but now that we have moved to 3.0 (because R2 was so full of bugs it did not work for us) this setting is not in preferences. Has the setting been removed or was it specific to IIS?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

There isn't a consistent way to detect when a web browser window has been closed.

There's workarounds for that, but none work consistently across all environments and all web browser types, and most cause more problems that they solve.

XI Release 2 used a relatively 'safe' method - use JavaScript to detect when a mouse pointer was moved to an impossible location - but this only worked with Internet Explorer 6 (not 7 or Firefox). XI 3.0 users would mostly not be using that version, thereby limiting the effectiveness of such a method if left in.

The limitation is entirely client-side (i.e., web browser), and not web app server side.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (0)