cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting periods ob52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client want to open 6 and 7 period of 2008 for "A" user. and want to open only 7th period of 2008 for "B" user

please tell me how we can do that

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a similar problem but we would like to have multiple authorization groups for one variant. It seems that there is only one authorization group by variant. Any idea to solve my problem ?

Regards

S. Pauchard

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kuldeep Singh

You can use open posting period specific for users

in t code OB52, enter authorization group in the column.

in authorization group u have to maintain user wise authorization

regards

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can assign the User for the Authorisation Group object () to User A as"0001" and user B as "0002".

Assign the same in OB52 under Auth Grp as 0001 & keep the periods 6 & 7 in first period interval & only 7 in second period interval.

So that your requirement is fulfilled.

Hope this solves your issue

Regards

Veena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain this, that how i will define in the ob52 with which account type.

can you write down the table entires.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have created one authorisation group 0001 and assigned with two different users ans also define in ob52 , but still this is not working.

entries defined in ob52 are:-

Co a/c type to A/C To period yr from priod yr sp.pe yr sp.pr year Authorisation group

5544 + 7 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010nogroup

5544 A ZZZZZZZZZZ 6 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010 0001

5544 D ZZZZZZZZZZ 6 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010 0001

5544 K ZZZZZZZZZZ 6 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010 0001

5544 M ZZZZZZZZZZ 6 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010 0001

5544 S ZZZZZZZZZZ 6 2008 7 2008 13 2000 16 2010 0001

Please sugges me what to do.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

suppose that authorization group for user A is A and authorization group for user B is B.

Variant(posting period variant) , Account type , From Period1(6) , Year(2008) , To Period1(6) , Year(2008) , From Period2(7) , Year(2008) , To Period(7) , Authorization Group(A)

This means that periods 6 and 7 are accessible to Authorization group A and Period 7 is accessible to rest of the authorization groups ie User B as for you.

This will solve your issue.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Could you please explain me what entry should i mantain in ob52 for B user.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no need of maintaining for User B , that setting i told you will imply that for User A both periods 6 and 7 are accessible. Except User A , all the remaining Users are accessible to only period 7.

Hence for you User B will be accessible for period 7 only.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

This is not working...

i have assign A authorisation group to the A user. with 6-7 period open in the ob52.

when i am posting with user B than system allows to post in 6-7 period.

please advice

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The setting given to you works perfect and is set in MNC's.I dont understand why you are unable to make that setting.

Let me know How many user's are there , so that i can suggest you how to proceed.

Regards

Venkat

Edited by: Venkat Dara on Dec 12, 2008 8:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

we have around 100 users

1.we want to open current period for around 95 users for all account type

2. and 5 user are super users for these we want to open current + previous period for all account type

this is our actual requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are having 100 user's.

5 users are super user's,for these you want to open current + previous period.

Create Authorization group(SUP) for your 5 super user's and leave the remaining user's as usual.

Current period is 9 and previous is 8.

under Variant give the Posting Period Variant

under Account type give +

under From Period1 give 8 and under Year give 2008

under To Period1 give 8 and under Year give 2008

under From Period2 give 9 and under Year give 2008

under To Period2 give 9

under Authorization Group give SUP

Super user's Authorization group SUP can access periods 8 and 9 and the rest 95 User's can access only period 9.

This will solve your issue.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi venkat,

could you please tell me the T.code for creating authorisation group or i should directly put in the ob52 table and which authorisation object should i select.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat

I have done following settings

variant 5544, accout type +, period 1 (8), 2008, 8, 2008, 9, 2008, 9, 2008, authorisati group0001

and the above said group is linked to the super user, this is allowing the super users to post in 8th and 9th period. but when i am posting with other user in that case also this is allowing to post in both the periods , but this should not be the case. i want to allow other user only for 9th period.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

venkata is it really working... but why not in our scenario.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can open periods specific for Users.

In T-code OB52, enter authorization group in the column.

For creating authorization group please follow as below:-

Add the posting period authorization (authorization object F_BKPF_BUP) to the authorizations of the selected users. Assign an authorization group (e.g. '0001').

Enter the account type '+' for the posting period variant to which the restriction is to apply. Enter the period(s) whose use is to be restricted in the first period, those which are available to all users in the second period, and the authorization group (e.g. '0001') in the last column.

Try this it should work

Regards

Velu Mudaliar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudalior,

Appreciate your reply. I will definitely test it out & revert back to you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Kuldeep Singh

in SAP we can open posting periods only company code wise not user wise

regards

trinadhnaidu.A

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Company code wise restriction is actually not possible. The auth object mentioned in the previous reply will hold good for user level restriction only.

Regards,

sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i dont think is possible to open & close posting user wise.

psoting periods can be opened and closed on ther terms of account and at user level

regards,

Greeshma

Edited by: greeshma udawat on Oct 20, 2008 1:44 PM