cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign interfaces to Business System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI 7.0 we can assign service interfaces to Business Systems in the Integration Directory. But in PI 7.1 it is not possible, as it seems the Integration Directory takes all data about the Business System from its configuration in the SLD itself? So how to specify the sender and receiver interfaces for a Business Systems in PI 7.1?

Thanks in advance,

Dipankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PI 7.0 we can assign service interfaces to Business Systems in the Integration Directory.

How were u doing this? I think this was only possible for Business Service and not for Business Systems.

And in PI 7.0, service interfaces were being called as message interfaces.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, where I'm getting stuck is I'm creating a configuration scenario in Integration Directory where I'm using a Business System (CRM 6.0) using an Enterprise Service interface as its receiver interface. But I'm not getting any interfaces for that Business System to select in the configuration wizard. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether all the interfaces in Integration Repository are acivated?

After that do the cache Refresh in the

directoyr->Environment->Cache Notifications

Regards

Sridhar Goli

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all service interfaces are active in ESR as those are SAP delivered ES interfaces only. I think I'm missing some configuration here. Do I need to specify a specific SWCV in the SLD definition of the Business System for getting the ES interfaces? If so which SWCV? I can't find any ES specific SWCV in SLD.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too faced the same problem. The solution is to assign the product and software component which you are using in Services Repository to your CRM technical system (SLD).

SLD -> Technical Systems -> Select your Technical system -> Click Installed Software -> Select Add New Product -> here assign your product and software component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had the same issue.. Assign the products in the installed products tab for the Business system defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Deepankar

You need to add Product and software component in Technical system. Then you will get that as Service interfaces while configuring SLD.

Now go to the Business Service and add Outbound and inbound service interfaces.

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any idea which CR content is required or how to resolve this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

See there are lot of differences in XI and PI and also between PI 7.0 and PI 7.1.

Here in this case in XI after creating Business Systems or else Business Services you need to add both Outbound and interfaces even though you have added Software Component Version to the respective Business systems.

But if you observe in PI 7.1 it will be activated automatically and no need of adding all those interfaces.

Hence Kindly import those SLD components succesfully and also please activate those components and and check it once...

Still if you are facing same problem go to Transaction Code: SXI_CACHE and do cache refresh so that it may be reflected by refreshing all the IR and ID objects.

Also do ADapter cache refresh...refresh in same Transaction code...

Or else if you are adminstrator go to TCode : SMICM and go to MEnu--> As JAva and --> Do j2EE soft Restart instead of Soft Restart...or else ask your basis poeple to do the same...

Note: WHile doing J2EE engine restart please make sure any Transactions or else any one or working on PI because it may take 20-25 mins to become server up again ...

I hope it will be useful to you in final case...

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

IF still if youa re facing same problem do J2EE Soft Restart

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful answers. Now I've another issue - after importing the SWCV in the ESR I can't find its corresponding entry in SLD and can't add it to any system as well. What can be the way out?

My SLD info are as follow:

Model version - 1.5.34

Content - SAP_CR 2.0 (produced 03/17/2005)

I'm using the SWCV CRM ABAP 6.0 where the CRM 6.0 WS are available.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Will you elaborate your question once I mean what exactly you want whether after adding all your SCV's you want to create the Name Spacees and Interfaces that thing are you asking if that is the question means

Suppose if the issue is related to adding Software Component Versions to the Business Systems means you need not do it after importing you need to do all SLD configurations before importing them to IR and ID and later you need to import

First you need to add your Products to the corresponding Business SYstems then automtaiclly you can choose your Software Component versions to be added what ever you want..

okay

Suppose if the issue is this one I mean you want to create the Name Spacees and Interfaces that thing are you asking if that is the question means

THere is a difference in XI and PI.

in XI defalutly INterface Mapping,

Message Mapping,

Message Interface,

Message Type,

Data Type,

Integration Process

but In PI 7.1 there wont come by default you need to Right CLick you can see one seperate WINDOW will open in that Left window you need to select what ever you want to design I mean Name Spaces , DT, MT ,etc....okay

NOte: Please raise this as a seperate question if your previous question is answered and assign corresponding points to all contributors based on their replies..Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

Edited by: Amar Srinivas Eli on Oct 21, 2008 2:15 PM

former_member4529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is different -

I need to use the ES interfaces defined in the CRM ABAP 6.0 SWCV in a Business System in the Integratuon Directory configuration scenario. To do that I need to add the SWCV and its product to the Technical System in SLD. But though I've the SWCV imported into ESR (IR) I can't find its corresponding entries in the SLD.

Thanks,

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Will you elaborate your question once and will you explain in detail the components and what entries corresponding entries in the SLD are not able to see and at where. so that I can try from My side

Regards:

Amar Srinivas Eli

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign Software product to the technical system for your R3.

After this go to your business system for your R3 and select the software component version.

After this you will be able to use service interfaces of that software component version as a sender or receiver service interfaces for your business system.

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what i do to get the Message interface names when using Business service.

Double click on Business service->under the Receiver tab,add the outbound Message interface and under the sender tab,add the inbound message interface.save and activate your business service.Once this is done,you can see the message interface with business service in the same way as you see message interface with Business system.

Thanx

Aamir