cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i need to pick 2 files from 2 different folders and process them in a particular sequence. Can anyone suggest me a method how this can be achieved.

Thanks,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

use two file adapter with different polling intervals.

first file adapter will pick up file then second adapter will be polled and will pick the another file from the folder.

chirag

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Different locations configure 2 File CC and if the structure is also different then create 2 Message types and mappings as well.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

Can't we do this using a single file adapter?

Thanks,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that both the file format is different and u have differnt design for both of them..if yes then in that case u have to go for 2 channels.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both the input files are of same format. Can we do this with a single channel?

Thanks,

Siva.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there are multiple directories from which you need to pick files and even if they are of the same structure, you need to create multiple channels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont know wat is ur business requirement for putting the same strucutre file in two different directories but as expert has said for this case u have to go for differnt channel.

chirag

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

u need to create 2 communication channel and schedule it according to your req.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U may schedule ur communication channel using Planning Avavilability Times option in communication channel.

Or u may set appropriate polling interval.

Regards,

Prateek